9

Oof dis one kinda long
*buzz buzz*

The sound of my phone vibrating pulled me out of my slumber, a heavy but comfortable weight laid between my arms. MingRui?
It took a second to figure out we were still in the treehouse, lights still twinkling, and sun... HOLY SHIT THE SUN WAS RISING!

I grabbed for my phone and immediately heard Hanyu nag into my ear.

"Dude where the fuck are you? I covered for you last night so if you're not here in 10 minutes both our asses are getting busted!"
He whisper shouted through the phone, the familiar voice of his boyfriend in the background.

"Hi Zi!" He said happily as if he hadn't just heard Hanyu.

"Hi LongLong." I said quickly, trying to pry myself away from MingRui.

"Wait, oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I-I went in a date and we fell asleep in the treehouse and... and... never mind I'll tell you when I get there. Give me a few minutes I have to get MingRui home." I groggily explained, still not fully awake.

"Hurry!" Was all he said before hanging up and throwing me into a panic.

"MingRui! MingRui wake up!" I shook the sleeping beauty, him waking up immediately. Huh? I wish I could do that.

"What? I'm not low!" He said out of habit, then looking up at me with a smile. The pretty smile turned to a frown real quick.
"Zihao? Why are we... oh no we're still here!" He panicked, grabbing his shirt and throwing it back on, gripping my hand and leading me out of the treehouse as fast as he could.

We ran the half mile back to his house and stopped for a breath once we reached his porch. I hugged the boy close and kissed him goodbye, waving as I started to run towards my house, the sun casting beautiful shades of pink and orange across the new sky. MingRui called after me and waved largely from the steps.

I smiled brightly and ran the rest of the way home.

I stopped to catch my breath, quickly trying to come up with an excuse just in case my parents were already up. Or worse, waiting for me to walk through the door. I had never stayed out all night. I hadn't even tried to sneak out. I remembered Hanyu's harsh chastising from all the times they had caught him sneaking back into the house and decided I'd never want that. Yet here I am, 5:36 in the morning just coming back from a date.

I guess it was true, the things Hanyu had said once he was caught. "I'd do fucking anything for this boy."

As I opened the door, I fully expected to see my dad waiting for me with a belt, but all I saw was Xinlong on our kitchen table watching ZeYu and Hanyu argue over something. I had seen this a million times.

"Oh! Good you're back!" Xinlong smiled and heaved a sigh.

"Oh shit! Great! You're finally back." Hanyu didn't even look up from his intense gaze-off with ZeYu, frying pan in hand just in case he needed to smack ZeYu over the head.

"What's going on? Where's mom and dad?" I asked, still on edge.

"Ha! Lucky for you they're sleeping like rocks. We didn't even wake them up." Hanyu said, completely stone faced as Xinlong blushed deeply. "Hanyu you can't just say things like that!" LongLong barked, jumping off of the kitchen table and grabbing his boyfriend in a chokehold.

It was always entertaining to see the two scuffle physically, being about the same size. With them it was really anyone's fight, but Hanyu usually let Xinlong win.

"Ah! Tap! Tap! Tap!" Hanyu voiced as he hit Xinlong's arm to signal he was out. Xinlong laughed and let the boy go, only to be turned around and pinned to the ground, the older sitting victoriously on LongLong's ass, a content smile coming across his face.