4

I had issues with the way he walked. Pompous and full of an imaged swagger. If I rally all my talents, I could beat him at something. Maybe.

Jiabao Hanyu made me more mad than anyone I had ever met before. Besides my dad's last ex girlfriend when I was 6. She refused to fix my shoe laces, claiming they were fine the way they were. Well news flash Gina FitzMarchel! They were not fine!

Anyway, Hanyu's been on my nerves lately. Like, more than usual.

I knew why he was more annoying, but I just couldn't figure out why Xinlong would stop coming over so often. He used to come over almost everyday and just hang out, but it's been cut to zero times this week.

As far as I knew they hadn't broken up. Xinlong still hung on Hanyu's arm during passing time. Right?

I decided I had had enough. He was just moping around the house like a child, so I was going to treat him like one. No one had asked me to intervene and he really hadn't been bothering me physically, but he was just so damn annoying when he sulked.

"Hanyu!" I barged into his bedroom, his body covered by a blanket.

"What?" He asked gruffly, voice muffled by the heavy comforter.

"Are you-" the word okay burned in my throat. Was I really gonna ask this guy if he was all good? Do I even care that much?

Yes. Things need to be back to normal. Hanyu needs to beat my ass if enter his room and Gou MingRui has to go back to sitting with the Eh's.

"Are you- oh my gosh I'm gonna vomit." Fuuuck why is this so hard?

"What do you want Zihao?" He huffed, my little heart breaking a little. He didn't call me QiQi, or sticks, or shithead. What's wrong?

"Hey Uh... are you like... okay?" I gagged on those words before they came out. But once they had been said it felt better.

Hanyu moved as one mass under the big blanket, turning to face me and peeling the covers off of his face. He didn't look good.

"LongLong and I broke up." He said emotionless. I could tell those words tasted bad for Hanyu. Again, another little hairline fracture in my heart. Hanyu and I have always been rivals, but even this news made me sad for him.

Xinlong had been such a big part of both our teenage experience so far. Romantically for Hanyu and friendship wise for me. Okay, my hearts hurting for the lad, I'll admit it.

Though Hanyu and I never showed each other affection or really any type of sign that we cared for each other, I think we both knew it was there somewhere. Deeply, DEEPLY hidden inside.

"Hey man, I'm-I'm sorry. He's such a loss." That probably didn't make him feel any better. It was the truth though. Hell we all thought they'd get married if Hanyu ever came out. He preferred to stay closeted for some reason. Whatever it was I never messed with that side of Hanyu.

"I-I knooooooooowww!" It must be some curse or something. Hanyu started to cry. In front of me no less. Oh shit this is very wrong. I panicked, running up to the boy and trying to do the next right thing. Which in my head was apparently climb under the cover and try and comfort him. Hanyu pushed me away until he actually pulled me closer, crying directly into my new demon slayer t-shirt. He had called me a nerd for buying it but now he was using it as an industrial sized tissue.

"I-I still love him." He sobbed, I had never experienced such an event in our almost 11 years together as step brothers.

"Yeah, I bet." I patted his back, not knowing what to say.