Chapter Thirteen: Love rose from blood

*Shadow P.O.V*

"We just have this last mission and we can go on vacation." Shallow grinned at me. "Well overdue if you ask me." I groaned stretching. Shallow laughed lightly and nodded in agreement, "Sure is big bro. Now lets report in." Shallow teleported off to HQ. I myself waited a couple of seconds feeling a weird feeling in my stomach but put it aside, I don't much care for the conflict in my stomach.

When we made it to HQ I saw Shallow acting like her adorable kiddy self as she ran to the garage, where we kept all the vehicles taken out for missions. "Ooo Shadow can I take my board?" She asked excitedly as she held her shining red and silver board to her side. "Yeah and I'll take mine I guess." I said going and grabbing my red and black one. We opened the garage and sped off, Shallow was being her goofy self and boarding backwards.

"Watch yourself." I warned her being a concerned older brother. It was true that I was created before Shallow, and when I watched The Doctor make her it was weird. She was made from newer technology and she used real DNA from a young Japanese girl, that's why so had these emotions. Bubbly, sweet, and caring. Playful, happy, and sisterly. And when in combat mode, fierce, brave, and strong.

I pulled out my phone and looked over the mission once more, get the yellow chaos emerald and return it to Rouge so she could send it to HQ's data base. Unless she tries to run off with it like she did last time, that bat'll do anything for a glimpse of a jewel. But I guess I trusted her enough with the emeralds, enough. I turned on my map to see how close we were to our destination. "Shallow. Make a right here." I said to her.

She nodded and made a right, I followed. We continued down this long abandoned looking road, just dirt blowing around nothing else. Then I felt that terrible feeling in my stomach again, and to contribute to the pain I felt a lump in my throat. Why were all these weird things happening to my body, what was it trying to tell me? Well who cares, it doesn't matter now.

My top priority is keeping Shallow safe, then obtaining the emerald. Shallow skidded to a stop, and I managed to quickly stop behind her. "Everything alright?" I asked her. "Yeah I just think we should continue on foot so were not spotting by speed radars." Shallow scanned the area. "You see any?" I asked her clueless as hell to where they were. "Yep, around the main perimeter of the building." She said smugly.

Shallow was created after me, so I remember the day it was happening. She was more upgraded then me, because she was created with human DNA. Meaning she could process feelings better than I could, and she was built with better technology. Like shape shifting, long range eyesight, and she's adorable and playful.

"Ok then what about teleporting in?" I asked getting slightly agitated. "That... might work. But as soon as we teleport in be ready for combat!" She grinned happily. I rolled my eyes playfully and held her hand, "Chaos Control!" I yelled.

~~~

We teleported into the building and landed on some weird padding, memory foam maybe?

Shallow touched it and looked puzzled, "A mattress, like someone was expected to fall through to here." "Maybe th--"

"U~eru sate, watashi no yosoku wa tadashī shōmei shita." (Well well well, my prediction proved right.) Said a angelic voice I'd never heard before. "Who's there?!" I said protectively. "Ā, watashi no sutekina dārin, soshite kare no airashī lil no shimai shadō! Watashi ga nozonde ita yō ni anata tsue! !" (Oh Shadow my darling and his lovely sister, you cane like I wanted!!) The woman hugged us both together.

"Hm? What is she saying? Who is she?" I asked Shallow knowing she could understand Japanese. She smiled softly at me, "She's happy to see us."

I titled my head slightly, "Ask her name."

"Anatahadare?"(Who are you?) Shallow asked the unknown woman. She was human with black curly hair like Shallow's, and violet eyes. She was wearing a red short flare dress with red flats, she looked in her 20's. "Y wa, anata wa watashi o oboeteinai?!" (Y-You don't remember me?!) She yelled pulling out of the hug, she looked hurt.

"I'm sorry but no." Shallow responded. The girl growled looking at Shallow, anger filled her eyes. "Anata wa kihontekini watashi no musume! Anata wa watashi kara tsukura reta! Asai watashi wa anata no namae, watashi o oboete oku hitsuyō ga arimasu. Watashi no dīenuē wa anata o tsukutta..." (Your basically my daughter! You were made from me! Shallow you have to remember me, I named you. My dna made you...)

"Your DNA made me?" Shallow looked surprised. The woman just nodded and cupped her cheeks, my face spoke utter confusion. Why'd she want us here then, unless she missed Shallow. I saw Shallow nuzzling the smiling woman's hands happily, she purred softly. "Shallow. Task at hand, ask for the emerald." I said trying to wrap my head around the situation.

Shallow nodded still purring into her 'Mothers hands'. "Watashi wa kaosuemerarudo no haha o motte mo īdesu ka?" (May I have the chaos emerald mother?) Shallow grinned. The woman giggled and pulled the shining yellow emerald from behind her back, she tossed it to me and rubbed Shallow's head. "Hikikae ni, watashi wa watashitoisshoni taizai suru watashi no chīsana asai shitai to omoimasu." (In exchange, I want my little Shallow to stay with me.) The woman stroked Shallow's ear sweetly.

"But what about Shadow..? I can't leave my brother." Shallow pleaded. The woman's face went cold as she reached to her thigh from under her dress, she grabbed a hold of a gun from a holster on her thigh.

"Shinpaishinaide, sugu ni kare mo mondaide wa arimasen..." (Don't worry, soon he won't matter...) She smiled crazily as she kept rubbing Shallow. I got into a stance ready to react at any moment, I was ready. The woman began to pull the trigger and Shallow started trying to stop her. "Stop it, he's my brother! You can't do that!" She fumbled with the woman to obtain the gun.

*Bang*

*Bang*

*Bang*

"SHALLOW!"

"Asai!" (Shallow!)

I looked down at Sonic and saw him tearing up like a small child, little did I know. I was crying myself....