CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay so says that's like... 25 grams of weed and..." Daisy started talking out loud. "And I haven't eaten anything else for a few hours so it'll hit harder and..." She tried to keep herself from panicking. "I have probably ten minutes until I get sick so—"

"You're changing colors." Kai says quietly, his eyes slowly trailing from the floor up to Daisy.

Daisy turned to face him, narrowing her eyebrows confusedly. "Maybe less..." She said quietly, she walked back over to him, examining the brownies and then him. "Kai." She began, trying to keep her cool. It took a moment for him to register that she even said his name but he slowly turned to face her. "Kai, what'd you put in the brownies?" She asked, speaking to him like he was a child.

A few seconds passed before Kai responded. "Yes." He says.

Daisy slowly began to nod, leaning back as she tried to gather her thoughts. "Great, great." She says. "So now I've eaten five brownies full of an unknown drug." She was practically talking to herself considering Kai was on a different planet right now.

Biting her nails anxiously, she stepped back as Kai slowly stood up from the table, his eyes glued on the hallway entry. "Why don't you just sit down?" Daisy suggested, gently grabbing his arms and trying to return him to his seat. Though controlling him would be useless, considering she has who knows how long before she's in the same position.

Kai's eyes were fully dilated, and glued on the hallway like there was something out there he wanted to see. His lips kept twitching in and out of a smile. Daisy glanced to the hallway, the back to him confusedly.

He turned to her. "Do you not see him?"

The words made a pit grow in her stomach. If drugs were not apart of this situation that sentence would've been much more terrifying than it already was. "Who?" Daisy asks.

"Michael Jackson?" He looks at her like she was crazy. "I'm a huge fan." Kai says sloppily as he turns back to the hallway.

Daisy shuts her eyes and exhales a frustrated breath, letting go of Kai's arms, to which he wandered into the hallway to carry on his conversation with 'Michael.'

She felt her breathing become more rapid by the second, she didn't know if it was the anticipation of what was to come or if was already making her nauseous. She leaned against the counter as she closed her eyes, covering her face with her hands like that would ease the nausea.

A deep, booming vibration sound rang through out the house, one that Daisy could feel in her core. She lifted her head up quickly, only for that same sound to boom again. Like the vibrations from giant bells being struck, but only the droning that followed.

Her eyes darted around the room quickly for the source of the sound. "Kai?" She spoke, but so quiet that she might've just said it in her head— she didn't know.

The more she looked around the room, the worse things got. Her vision started to go in and out of focus, almost like a camera adjusting to a new environment. What looked like rainbow reflections off a glass window started to grow on the walls. The wood of the kitchen cabinets began to warp.

Daisy felt her feet carrying her forward, though she didn't remember telling them too. As the vibrating sound still lingered in the air, the sound of waves crashing into a shore started to fill her ears.