chapter ten

"I didn't know the illusions were that realistic!" I exclaimed excitingly. Promise had managed to create a whole regency ball room scene with the illusions. The best part of all, was the music and talking going on around me. Promise could create sound illusions as well!
"Can we interact with the illusions?" I asked Promise.
"You have to be within the barrier of the illusion, but yes you can." Promise laughed. "Go ahead and step five feet forward.

I walked within the barrier and suddenly my clothes was transformed into a blue recency gown and my hair was curled into a bun upon my head. The giant mirror in the room truly did help with a time like this. A handsome man with blonde curls and emerald green eyes waltzed up to me and asked for a dance.
"I would be most happy too." I smiled. He took my hand and we started dancing. I couldn't believe it! I was interacting with an illusion!
"Mind if I take over?" I heard a voice say. I turned around and was surprised to see Mike standing there. I could hardly recognize him in his black suit and clean cut hairstyle.
"Not at all." The emerald eyed man smiled, then walked away. Mike grabbed my hand and twirled me around the dance floor most graciously. I had never seen the elegant side of him before, and I didn't mind him being elegant at all! A man with manners and a good suit really could make a girls heart beat fast, I knew because my heart was beating so fast I could hardly breathe.
"Are you sure you're not an illusion as well?" I whispered faintly.
"What?" Mike laughed.
Crap, had I seriously just spoken that out loud? What was wrong with me? I could hardly think straight!
"You would have fit in the recency era so perfectly." Mike beamed at me, causing my heart to beat even faster.
"I-I need out of here!" I shouted.

I ran out of the barrier and realized everyone was trying to stifle laughter. Did I seriously just forget everyone was freaking watching me?! Mike came out right behind me and I sighed in relief when I saw him back in his regular clothing.
But why was my heart still beating so much quicker every time I looked at him?
I tried not to look him in the eye.
Thankfully, Promise stopped the illusion.
"Does your clothing change every time you step into the barrier?" I asked Promise.
"Only when I want it to."
"So YOU made me wear that!" I jokingly gave her a disapproving look. I was hoping I could make everyone forget about my little incident by pretending it never had happened, but I would never let Promise live down the fact that she tricked me into wearing a gown! Even if it was super fun to wear.
"Ok everyone, back to work!" I shouted. Mike then walked over to me before I had the chance to escape.
"I'm sorry if I embarrassed you." He said sincerely.
"Me? Embarrassed? Never!" I laughed it off, and kept trying to avoid looking at him. I rushed off and ran to my room and ate three bars of chocolate.
LOVE could not happen! Love was way to dangerous until the aliens were gone. I would just have to push my feelings aside and keep moving forward while forbidding myself from having a moment like that ever again!

The rest of the day Conan and Promise showed me all of their skills and powers and for once I finally felt like we could actually succeed in destroying the aliens once and for all!