I look over at London and my hand finds it's way on top of his on the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry for snapping, I've been through a lot recently," I admit and I wasn't lying, I've been through hell and back and I had only then to blame for it but I also know that London is the one who hurt me the least.

"You aren't wrong Milo, it's your right to be mad, furious even. I've been an ass to you since the day we met, heck... I even wanted you dead, I stood and watched when Arrow sucked your soul, I kissed you many times without your consent and I wanted you for me without asking if you wanted to be with us or not." He chuckles by the end of his sentence and directs his eyes back on the road. "I screwed up pretty bad and I acknowledge it, I'm ready for my payback and even if I don't deserve any forgiveness from you, I will work hard for it, till the last day of my life." He looks me in the eyes as he says that and I know he means it.

I can't help the smile stretching on my lips and I look away, not to give him the satisfaction of seeing the effect his words had on me.

The same butterflies that I learnt how to ignore were dancing inside my guts and I didn't have a bond to blame for it, I only had our time spent together to blame and even if he was an ass for most of it, I know he was good underneath.

After all, he was just trying to save his marriage from a stranger.

We fall silent after that and the drive lasts a couple more hours before we stop to give Elijah a proper burial, I convinced London that it was inappropriate to tamper with his body just to respect Victor's feelings.

We both knew he deserved better farewells but for me, that wasn't a goodbye, if everything goes as planned, he will be back and everything bad that happened to all of us will be reversed, all I had to do was play my cards right but for now, time was pressing.

Shortly after, we make it to the Montgomery's house, surprisingly, it was still as fancy as I remembered it to be and before we reach the entrance door, it flies open, revealing a very antsy Toby running our way.

I drop my backpack to the stone pavement and allow him to seize me into his strong hold, I know he must have sensed my proximity but it was still very strange, the way his arms circled my waist and brought me closer to his chest, he broke into tears and I almost forgot the reason why I was mad.

"You're alive!!" His tone was similar to Malcolm's when he first saw me earlier that day and I simply nod.

I spot Victor and Arrow behind him, the word miserable couldn't even describe their state and everything about them screams exhausted.

"I'm harder to kill than your average human," my tone comes out softer than the sarcastic one that I intended but I'm thankful he doesn't make any remarks.

He pulls away after it starts to get uncomfortable and we decide to walk inside to talk.

After entering the living room I grew familiar with, I sit in my usual spot on the same sofa and put my backpack on my feet.

"Where did you find him?" Toby grins at London and I'm already starting to get pissed at him, I am barely back and he doesn't care to ask me but adresses London as if I weren't present in the room.

"You can look me in the eyes and ask me that instead of dismissing my presence," I snap at him and I watch his face pale before I carry on. "And he didn't find me, I found him at Malcolm's place." I finish and see the horror in their faces at the mention of Malcolm.

"You recovered..." Arrow remarks as his eyes inspect my body thoroughly.

"You can do better at hiding your disappointment, " I enjoy the look of confusion on his face and before they get to ask anymore questions, I reach for my back and bring out the mistletoe pounder I brought. "We need to talk."