The First Night In

Leshawna POV:

"Yeah girl, I don't know my roommate hasn't even shown up yet.", I said over the phone, unpacking my things.

"Damn, do you think you got the double to yourself?", said Leshaniqua over the line.

"Girl, we'll see. That would be dope as hell."

"Mmmhmm. So what's the campus like overall?"

"I ain't gonna lie, these dorms are dumpy as HELL. I'll send pics to you. They look straight outta a summer camp."

"Ewe, are the showers there at least, yanno."

"We'll see, I gotta get there eventually. This humidity has not been good to the 'fro."

I heard the sound of keys jangling in the lock.

"OOOH girl, looks like the roomie is here.", I said, turning my attention to the door.

"Shiii girl, what she look like?"

Suddenly, the door swung open and in the threshold was a skinny white girl DRENCHED head to toe.

"EEK!", I shrieked.

"Oh damn! What's up Shaw? Is she whack? Spill the tea!", said Leshaniqua excitedly on the other line.

"Shaq, I gotta call you back.", I responded, ending the call and running up to the girl, "Sugar, what happened to you?"

"Mother nature.", she deadpanned, setting her luggage on the ground.

"Well shit hon, hold on.", I said, rushing over to my messy side of the room. I quickly found a towel and gave it to her, "Go take a shower, I can handle the room baby."

"But I need to-", she started.

"Baby girl, you are dripping all over this carpet.", I interrupted. She looked down, and sure enough, there was a puddle where she stood. 

She sighed in response and grabbed her backpack and headed to the shower. I smiled and shut the door behind her, throwing another towel down where she once stood.

I should probably unpack her things first, poor girl looks like she has had one HELL of a day. I unzipped her giant blue suitcase and started hanging up clothes. Let me tell you, it was a SEA of black. Black shirts, jeans, shorts, shorts, even bras and panties. There was the occasional navy thrown in  but damn, never seen anything more monotonous. After her clothes were all folded neatly and hung up, I got to making her bed. And yup, you guessed it. Everything. Was. Black. 

Just as I got done, I heard keys jangling and the door being thrown open.

"Wow, you work fast!", she said, walking in shocked.

"Oh girl I know I do! Ya feel better? You definitely look a little brighter.", I smiled at the pale girl.

"Yeah, thanks.", she walked up handing me the towel.

"Girl, I just realized I don't even know your name.", I laughed, sticking out my hand, "Leshawna Edwards."

"Gwen Fahlenbock.", she smirked, grabbing my hand. I quickly went with my instincts and started doing a handshake. And like chemistry, Gwen followed it perfectly.

"I can tell we're gonna get along JUST fine.", I laughed, causing her to smile at me, "So, why exactly were you all, well. I mean, what kinda situation were you put in where you just had to sit there and get soaked?"

"Well...", she started.

Gwen POV:

...

Owen and I sat together, waiting for our luggage. I learned two things about Owen in the short time I've known him.