"I know, im a shitty friend. im sorry. but hey, im bringing him to the quarry tomorrow night so you'll finally meet him." I encouraged her and it was nice to see a smile on her face finally.

"no-fucking-way! FINALLY!" she shouted and was given a dirty look by mr harris. I rolled my eyes. I loved that girl.

The bell rang to dismiss us and we agreed that she would come over tomorrow before the party and as usual we would get ready, then id go get Kyle and we would meet at the quarry. I was glad to finally see her happy again.

I walked into Miss sawyers classroom and she had her back to me. I could hear sniffling and was suddenly uncomfortable. I hated crying and never knew how to handle it. so I loudly let the door close hoping she would compose herself and pretend she wasn’t crying. no such luck. she turned to me and let her shoulders fall.

"hey, im so glad its you." she looked really upset.

"whats wrong? why are you crying, what did he do now?" I rolled my eyes. Allan was such an asshole, so I assumed he was the cause of her tears. I threw my bag on a desk and sat in the comfy computer chair next to hers.

"he just, ugh. he either treats me like I don’t exist or he treats me like hes too good for me. He wants me to get a better job, but I love teaching." I hated seeing her so upset. she was far too pretty to cry. I wheeled my chair closer to hers and rubbed her back.

"if he loves you, he wont make you do that." I assured her.

but she wasn’t buying it. she rolled her eyes.

"yeah, IF he loves me…"

"wait, you think he doesn’t?" I asked.

"I don’t know, I don’t want to talk about it anymore. hows Kyle?" she quickly changed the subject.

I told her about the party and she nodded her head, thinking it over.

"well good, I think its about time he met your friends, especially Chelsea. but, don’t get too drunk young lady." I knew she was joking about the last part but I still wanted to respond.

"actually im not drinking. im going to drive. Kyle will want to get drunk!" ooops, I shouldn’t have said that. she cocked her head to the side and gave me a questioning look. I hadn't told her about his drinking either, I hadn't told anybody. "you know," I continued "meeting your girlfriends friends is nerve wrecking!" good save, I thought to myself.

she nodded again. "very true. well, don’t hate me, but I actually have some work to do today. would you mind terribly helping me grade these quizzes?" she popped out her bottom lip and pointed to a mountain of papers.

"Awe, how could I say no to that face?!" she was too cute, I swear.

we graded papers the rest of the period until the bell rang. Kyle had texted me earlier that he wasn’t working til later tonight so he wanted me to come over after class, but I can honestly say I wasn’t looking forward to it very much. knowing Miss sawyer only had one class left for the day I had an idea.