So, with a mopey attitude, I head toward the thickest area around us. Even though I'm not very modest around Miles and he has definitely seen my goods before, I don't want to risk another hiker seeing me. That would be embarrassing and probably a little scarring for the passing hiker, unless they were a perv really into guys pissing in the woods.

I put my bag down and try to feel less self conscious.

No one is even here!

Why am I feeling nervous?

I put my bag down and unzip my pants, but as soon as I do, I hear rustling in the trees around me. I rush to pull my zipper up without getting my dick caught in it and turn toward the noise.

There's a guy standing behind me, looking sweaty and extremely tired. He's a few inches taller than me and he's wearing a tuxedo. Not just any tuxedo, but a super nice one with a white rose pinned to the jacket over his left pectoral.

"Hi," he says, panting a little bit as he rests his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

His eye bags are really dark, but I can tell that he'd be really attractive. For one, he looks pretty strong and has a clean shaven face, which are two things I like in a man. However, this is not the place where I ever want to meet a random person, so I do what anyone else would do in this situation:

I stare at him.

"What're you doing out here?" he asks me, as if we were old friends that just happened to meet up.

I'm pretty sure I have never met this man in my life. 

"I was trying to take a piss until some overdressed guy barged through the trees and almost made me catch my dick in my zipper," I say, picking up my hiking bag. "What are you doing out here?"

He chuckles. "Ruining my life. I ditched my own wedding and am currently trying to hide from my soon to be ex-fiancée who is probably on her way to kill me."

Am I really having a full-on conversation with a runaway groom in the middle of the Cheesequake National Park?

Apparently.

"I'm Atlas, by the way," he says, flashing me a grin.

He seems really happy and enthusiastic for a guy who just ditched his own wedding. However, I've never been in a serious relationship so I can't really judge how he is reacting right now. Who knows, maybe I'd react the same if I were in his shoes.

Except I don't think I'd say yes to the big question if I wasn't sure.

"I'm Sean," I say as Atlas sits down and leans against one of the huge tree trunks out here. "That'll ruin your suit. The ground is wet."

He shrugs. "I'm not going back so I don't need to look nice anymore. Do you know how far lower Manhattan is from here by foot?"

I shake my head. "Probably a few hours."

"Sean! You okay?" Miles calls.

"Yeah!" I respond, grabbing my bag. "There's a guy in here!"

Miles pushes his way into the tiny area where Atlas and I are. "What?" he asks, checking on me before looking Atlas up and down. "Are you hurt, sir?"

Atlas chuckles. "Emotionally, yes. Physically, I'm pretty okay. Well, until my ex-fiancée finds me," he says, shuddering as he walks over to Miles and shakes his hand the same way he shook mine. "Do you happen to know how long it would take me to get to lower Manhattan by foot?"

"Five hours," Miles responds.

Why he knows that, I don't know.

"Thank you," Atlas says, pointing to where we came from. "Is that the way toward the main lot?"

Miles nods. "We can give you a ride. We're over in Brooklyn, so it's not much further to Manhattan."

Like I said: heart of gold.

"Miles, we don't even know him," I warn, even though Atlas does not seem too dangerous.

Miles gives me a look of disappointment, which makes my heart drop a little bit. He has the scariest looks when he's disappointed, and he took me in when I needed it the most, so I have made it my mission to please Miles and make him proud of me.

"I didn't know you when I took you off the streets," Miles says in a low voice that only I can hear. "He's going through a tough time, look at him!"

I steal a look at Atlas, who has suddenly found the ground really interesting. I think he can tell I'm a bit reluctant to let him come with us, and I immediately feel embarrassed for my instant judgement.

I needed help once, too, and Miles took me in.

"It's about a twenty minute walk to the car," I tell Atlas, handing him my water bottle. "Here."

Atlas gives me a grateful smile that makes something stir inside of me, but I ignore it. He hands me my water bottle back after drinking most of it and we both follow Miles to the main path.

It's probably just because he's pretty attractive and has that hot post workout look, even though his workout was ditching a wedding. His wedding to be more precise.

Once we're in the car and on our way toward the city, I realize that Atlas has fallen asleep in the back seat, and he looks absolutely exhausted.

"Poor guy," Miles coos, looking in the rear view mirror. "We're going back to the apartment. We can drive him home or get him a subway ticket when he gets up because I do not want to disturb the poor guy right now."

I nod silently.

"He needs some support, Sean."

"I know."

Miles pats my shoulder. "I'm a good judge of people, Sean. I'm sure of that, and I'm sure that this guy just needs a bit of help right now."

I look back at Altas and see the flower on his suit jacket is starting to fall off a little bit. He looks like shit, and Miles is right.

What would I have done if he didn't take me in and give me the support I so desperately craved? I probably would have been dead by now or a full time prostitute.

Miles begins to discuss his plans for his newer pub that he opened three years ago, as it is one with the best food but the employees have been saying that it's really cramped. He didn't expect it to be as much of a hot spot as it is, so he wants to do some extensions there.

I follow the conversation but don't give much input. My mind is fully on Atlas and wondering what his motivation to leave a wedding could possibly be.

•••

Welcome to my new story!!!

This story is mxm, as I'm sure you know, and I'm really excited to be writing it. It's meant to be a love and feel good story that people can relate to, so that's my main goal here!!!

I'm publishing the first chapter as a way to honor reaching 2K followers, so I hope you all enjoy, and thank you so much!!!