"Goodnight Lexi," my father smiled lightly and then closed the door of his room behind him.

Instead of going back to Ty's room, I went to the bathroom in mine first, to pee, and then when I walked out and towards my door, I saw the light of my phone flashing.

I picked it up and I sighed when I saw the number of unread text messages : 23.

Dear god.

And they were all from Blake.

Freak.

But that still made me smile a little.

I was getting a little tired and just read the last one received.

It said Okay now if you don't answer I will have to go with the "You got attacked by mutant potatoes" theory and I'm going to be forced to come over!

I had received it thirty minutes ago.

Oh god, was he going to show up at my window now, naked?

I called him.

"I knew it! It's the hobbits that kidnapped you, right? And now they want a ransom. Should have stuck with that one," Blake said, without a hello or anything.

"Are you always this stupid at night Blake?" I snorted.

"Nope, I'm just stupid when people don't answer my crazy fan texts."

"I told you I had family things to deal with when I left," I trailed, and my thoughts went back to my dad and my brother.

"Yeah well, you could have answered the first five messages that were still coherent, and tell me everything was alright and I didn't need to come kill the Russian mafia's man trying to get the secret of the Caramilk out of you," Blake said in a serious tone.

Without really wanting to, I started to laugh. As idiotic as his remarks were, they made me laugh, they made me forget about my sulkiness.

The boy had a gift. I had to give that much to him. He knew how to make me laugh.

"Well, I'm alive and well, as you can see, so no need to worry anymore," I answered him.

"Are you sure I can trust that? As far as I'm concerned you're an alien that took Lexi's form and is trying to make me believe it's her," Blake told me.

"How imaginative Blake," I snorted.

"I'm serious. Hey, what's the nickname I give you all the time?" Blake suddenly asked.

How odd?

"Pumpkin?" I said, more like a question than a statement.

Where was he going with this?

"Alright, either it's really you or you're really good at your job, alien," Blake stated.

"Blake you need to sleep, you aren't being coherent anymore," I laughed.

"Can't, I have to solve that big conspiracy thingy," Blake said and then yawned. "Yeah, I'm not coherent anymore. I said thingy. I don't say thingy. You say thingy," Blake laughed.

"Yeah, go to sleep, this calling each other at night can't become a habit of ours," I chuckled.

"Aw, really?" he whined on the other side of the line.

"Really," I answered firmly.

"Fine. I'll show up at someone else's window naked," Blake sighed.

"Dumbass," I laughed.

"Thanks!"

"Goodnight Blake."

"Goodnight Lexi, and you can dream about me all you want tonight," Blake said, and I could clearly see the smirk he must be doing right now in my head.

"Dumbass," I chuckled and closed my phone.

And just like that, I didn't feel so much like crap anymore.

Smiling a little, I walked back to Tyler's room, and then wrapped my arms around his waist again, and saw that he had tears in his eyes.

He was crying while sleeping.

And so I fell asleep thinking about the fact that not everything was alright.

___________

Hello my little Pumpkins. This was still depressing. Ugh. At least we got a bit of Blake at the end. And also, if you've read The Smirking Jerk, know you know what those 23 texts messages were. XD

If you have any questions you'd like me to answer, you can leave them here.

Otherwise, the live reading shall be at 11AM EST on Sunday June 27th, on my instagram at instagram.com/kaygiard.

See you guys tomorrow! :D