Y/n usually wasn't allowed outside, unless it was walking to school, she was expected to study all day. Not being naturally gifted in academics really made it hard for her to obtain such high grades but it still never seemed to be enough. 

Studying all the time left little to no time for doing anything she enjoyed, the only other times she gets out is for social appearances or out with her betrothed Datchi Kalahari, the son her parents never got to have. 

They spent time training y/n to be his perfect wife while showing him more affection than they ever gave her, their plan is for them to marry and he will take over the l/n company. They overlooked how stuck up he was and how badly he treated her for their own selfish gain. He was quite wealthy and came from a respectable family and joining our family would just make them look better in the long run. 

Y/n made it to the entrance, watching as students fled into the school eagerly, y/n deadpanned what's so good about school? She made her way through the school looking around the vacant hallways internally cursing her bad sense of direction 

"Do you need help?" A soft voice questioned from behind her, she turned taking in the boys appearance noting his odd but petty silver hair. Smiling politely she dipped her head toward him  sheepishly "if I wouldn't be a bother, I am rather awful at directions" she responded formally 

I hate the sound of my own voice she thought bitterly, before pushing the thoughts to the side, he responded with a lighthearted laugh, and y/n felt a prick of curiosity, why did that laugh sound as fake as mine?

"You're not a bother at all my cousin is also has a terrible sense of direction, let me introduce myself, Sohma Yuki, the student president" he explained as he motioned for her to follow him. She trailed behind him "l/n Y/n nice to meet you sohma" she responded bowing.

The two of them walked in silence the only noise between them were their shoes on the linoleum floor. "This is orientation" he said leading her to a room filled with people, subconsciously her back straightened more than it already was as she tilted her chin upwards. Be perfect she thought to herself 

Y/n looked over to Yuki who gave her a closed eyed smile, Me and yuki were similar in that aspect we were both faking it. It takes one fake to find another. She readied herself and walked into the sea of students 

••••

Orientation finally finished and y/n felt mentally drained, grabbing onto the staircases railing she walked down seeing a few people chatting in the hallway one of them being Yuki. 

"Hello miss l/n" He acknowledged with a wave,"Sohma"  y/n waved back feeling awkward as she did. She stepped off the last step getting ready to leave when she was approached by the brown haired girl who was previously talking to yuki. 

She smiled at her brightly "im  Honda Tohru !" She introduced herself enthusiastically as y/n. Y/n gave her a fake smile "hello miss Honda Im  l/n y/n pleasure to meet your acquaintance" she bowed causing Tohru to wave her hands franticly from embarrassment before pointing over to her friends. 

"and this is kyo!" She exclaimed pointing at the bored looking red head who was leaning on the wall "hm" he muttered in response looking her up and down. "And this is momiji and Haru" she continued pointing over to the black and white haired boy and the smaller childlike blonde

"Yo" Haru absentmindedly said before engaging in a conversation with Yuki, "Hi Hi!" Momiji enthusiastically responded beginning to climb kyo making the latter yell at him. 

Y/n bowed once more surprising her mild annoyance "it was very nice meeting you all but-" she was interrupted by someone accusingly pointing at y/n, haru, and momiji. 

"Miss l/n and Mr Sohma! What do you have to say about your hair?!" He yelled while two girls behind him appeared clipboards in hand with a nod as they pushed their glasses up prudishly. Self consciously y/n grabbed a stand of her hair "there's something wrong with it?" 

She questioned inspecting it as the boy huffed "the teachers overlooked dyed hair but I will not! And a girls uniform are you trying to mock someone?!" He questioned pointing at momiji making his lip wobble 

"But it looks good on me" he sadly murmured, y/n felt a bubble of sympathy surface and turned to the boy "I think you look fine" she comforted Then he went back to complaining about their hair when as she tried to settle it by being polite.

"With all do respect sir this is my natural hair and Im sure that that is his too. And if not then it really isn't that big of A deal its just hair. And his clothing looks cute on him and I agree whatever looks best on you you should wear. And if I could please go I have things that I need to attend to..." she tiredly attempted to reason as she looked him in the eye. 

He continued to complain threatening to call the principal until haru grabbed him by his tie pulling him into a restroom. Everyone stared confused as a loud screen filled the hall. Haru exited the restroom with a smirk  "I have many things I need to learn about this world. And I guess I will let the girl off the hook too."  The other boy said almost sounding defeated He then ran away the two girls following him.

"Sorry for the inconvenience miss l/n" yuki apologetically  trailed off "it's okay, wasn't your fault at all" she replied  attempting to take her leave once more before Tohru stopped her Jesus will I ever move from this spot.

 "Will you sit with me at lunch tomorrow?" She asked and I thought about it. I do t think it would hurt. "sure if you don't mind." I said and she started jumping up and down making me uneasy."Of course I won't mind" she chirped and nodded "nice meeting you all but I must leave now" I quickly walked away before anyone could stop me and I walked home.

" Im home" y/n called slipping off her shoes,! much to her dismay seeing  the person who she hated most in her living room sitting on the couch with a cup of tea as he gave her a sinister smile 

"Why hello my love"