Meeting Salem

Y/N POV

I stumble back when Ruby runs to me and delivers a series or rapid punches to my chest. She then uppercuts my jaw knocking me onto my back. I look and see her sending her fist towards me. I tilt my head to the side and use my feet to push her away from me. I flip to my feet and limbo as her boot goes where my head just was.

I roll backwards and kick under her chin. She however blocks my kick and grabs ahold of my ankle. She once again bursts into rose petals and zips around the arena. I am slammed against the arena walls when I am finally thrown to the center of the arena. I get to my hands and knees when I'm kicked onto my back. Ruby then puts her foot on my chest which makes me smile and put my hands in a surrender manner.

Ruby: *holds out hand* "I win."

Y/N: *helped up* "I admit you kept me on my toes."

Ruby: "Guess that means you have to do whatever I say."

Y/N: "Yep. What is it you want me to do?"

Ruby: "I want you to go to the dance with me."

Y/N: "Is... that it?"

Ruby: "Yes."

Y/N: "Okay. But why me?"

Ruby: *shyly* "Because I just feel comfortable whenever I'm around you. Plus I like being with you."

I smile and ruffle her hair.

Y/N: "Sometimes I think you're too wholesome."

She giggles when we go get something to eat. The day of the dance finally arrives and I put the finishing touches on my clothes. I exit my dorm and head to Ruby's dorm. She exits and we walk to the dance. We arrive and head to the punch bowl to find Jaune.

Ruby: "Hey Jaune."

Jaune: "Hey guys."

Y/N: "Where's your date?"

Pyrrha: "Right here."

Ruby: "You're his date?"

Jaune: "Sure is."

Ruby: "It's about time."

Jaune: "Huh?"

Y/N: "What she means is that she's glad you two are finally together."

Jaune: "Ah."

I look behind everyone and see Cinder and her two trying to fit in.

Y/N: "Pardon me for a second."

I squeeze past them and walk up to Cinder.

Y/N: "Hi there."

Cinder: "Do I know you?"

Y/N: "I don't blame you for not recognizing me without my mask and cloak. Perhaps you remember the Grimm Reaper."

Cinder: *shocked* "How do you know him?"

Y/N: "I am him."

Cinder's eyes widen and I see some sweat forming on her.

Cinder: "What're you doing here?"

Y/N: "Just wanted to ask you if you're aware of the change of plans."

Cinder: "I'm aware."

Y/N: "Good. Do you know anything about a Roman Torchwick?"

Cinder: "Yes. His goal is to gather Dust for our plan to plow a train through Vale. Why?"

Y/N: "I need him to continue with the train plan, but with a different goal."

Cinder: "Which is?"

Y/N: "You'll see."

I turn around and head back to Ruby so we can have our dance. I put us into position and take the lead.

Ruby: "Not only can you fight but you can dance."

Y/N: "I have many talents."

Ruby: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "Yeah kid?"

Ruby: "One day do you think you can come to my house so I can introduce you to my parents?"

Y/N: "Sure."

Ruby: "Thank you Y/N."

Y/N: "For what?"

Ruby: "For being my best friend. Ever since we met I've had nothing but fun. I'm glad Oum sent you to Beacon."

Y/N: "Aww, that really means a lot to hear kid. I'm glad I came here too. Speaking of parents, how would you like to see my mother?"

Ruby: "I'd love to."

Y/N: "Fair warning, she's not like most moms."

Ruby: "That won't matter to me."

Y/N: "Then let's go."

I walk out of the dance where Ruby joins me and I teleport us to Salem. We walk through her throne room doors and see her starring out the window. She turns around, runs to me and scoops me into a hug.

Salem: "You're back!!!"

Y/N: "I said I would be."

Salem looks behind me and spots Ruby.

Salem: "Who's this?"

Ruby: "Hello, my name is Ruby, I'm the one your son is training."

Salem: *whispering* "Son?"

Y/N: *whispering* "I told her you were my mother. After all, you did create me."

Salem: *holds out hand* "Nice to meet you Ruby. My name's Salem, Y/N's mother."

Ruby: *shakes hand* "A pleasure to meet you."

Salem: "You were right Y/N, she is sweet."

Y/N: "Mother."

Salem: "You hungry Ruby?"

Ruby: "I could eat."

Salem: "Follow me."

We are led to the dining table where we spend the next hour just eating and talking. After that we return to the others and head to bed for the day. That Sunday I head out with Ruby to her home in Patch. We arrive with Ruby knocking on the door. After a few seconds a woman in a white cloak answers the door.

Cloak: "Yes?"