Chapter 10

Diesel

"Right we're done for the day lads, let's go over to the Bird Cage for a few drinks and entertainment." Duke said throwing his spanner into the toolbox before wiping his hands on the nearest rag.
"I was kinda hoping to go home early." I knew as soon as the words had left my mouth, I would regret it.
"Are you fucking pussy whipped already?" Bear said loudly as the guys laughed at my expense.
"Leave the poor girl alone she probably needs to rest before round two." Duke patted me on the back.
"Okay, Okay!" I was defeated, "Alright, I'll go for one drink." I said shaking my head, holding my hands up in mock defence.

The place was busier than normal but we sat at our usual spot and a bottle of Jack was placed on the table along with six glasses.
"Let me know if you want anything else guys." Yasmin said walking off swinging her hips from side to side with a lazy smile on her face.
I noticed Savannah up on stage giving us all a good show, that girl was stunning and had a body to die for. I followed her eyes and saw that her stare was reciprocated by Duke, I'm sure those two were fucking not that they would admit it if they were but they were too close not to be. I took a sip of my Jack letting the cool amber liquid slide down my throat, god I needed that.
"I'm just gonna check in with Jimmy, to make sure Ink's okay." I left the table to claps and jeering from the guys winding me up about being under the thumb already, I smirked as I walked outside to the car park as the realisation of how deep my feelings were for Ink had started to hit me but surprisingly didn't scare me.

The evening was getting chilly, pulling my cut tightly together I tried getting hold of Jimmy on his mobile. There was no answer so I dialled Ink's phone, it rang then went straight to answer phone.
"Ink it's Diesel, give me a call when you get this message." I put my phone back into my pocket with an uneasy feeling and stomped back into the club.
"I can't get hold of Ink or Jimmy." I said pouring myself another glass of Jack.
"Calm down, they are probably just...busy. Look, don't take off already, text Amy and ask her to pop round to Harlow's." I eagerly removed my phone from my pocket to text Amy.

Amy, any chance you can pop round to Ink's. I can't get hold of her. D

U must B psychic big brother! At traffic lights on George Street. B there in 5 x

"Amy should be there in five minutes," I said with relief.
"See, stop worrying and have another drink." Duke pushed the bottle of Jack towards me but
I couldn't relax, I had an uneasy feeling and was now restless as Jimmy always answered his mobile. "I'm gonna call Jimmy again quickly." I pulled out my phone and attempted to make contact with him but it just rang then cut to answer phone again. I thought I would try one last time as he may have been in the bathroom, it rang and this time it was answered.

"About fucking time Jimmy, I've been trying to get hold of you for ages. What the fuck you playing at?"
The person on the other end was crying. I stood placing my hand over one ear to block out the noise and pressed my mobile firmly to the other so that I could hear the person on the other end of the phone better.
"Ink is that you babe, speak to me." As I moved my chair fell over, I turned and quickened my pace as I headed to the car park.
I heard the whimpering continue, "Ethan, it's Amy." She said between sniffs.
"Amy is everything okay? Why have you got Jimmy's phone?" I was starting to panic now and noticed several of my Brothers had followed me out to the car park and were now standing around with concern on their faces.
"Amy is everything okay?" I repeated making sure she'd heard me.
"He's dead Ethan, Jimmy's dead." "zvC