buddy

y/n walked up to their apartment door struggling to grab the keys amongst all of their grocery bags.

"shit.." they softly said while dropping the bags onto the floor.

"so much for helping me, huh?" y

looked at Finn with a smile.

"hey! I carried like 3 bags" he laughed loudly

"you're a dick"

"I wanted to talk to you about something" Finn said sitting on y/n's counter top.

"Mm? go on"

"so I like this girl, a lot. I wrote this song for her but I feel like a total jackass. I think she hates me, well- not like that. but I don't exactly think she likes me."

(sighs.) your heart seemed to ache every time he talked about a girl, you felt so selfish for wanting him to be talking about you.

"earth to y/n! what do I do?" he said

"well..I'm just gonna give you the same advice I always do, ya know? just tell her, the worst that can happen is she'll reject you."

"thanks buddy." Finn kissed y/n's forehead and walked out of the apartment.

"what the hell, mixed signals much." y/n scoffed.

later that night y/n got a text, (going on a date ;D) she didn't exactly bother to reply. Finn could do whatever he wanted, I just needed to stop feeling jealous. he's not mine, though I wish he was.

(Finns pov)

I can't believe their advice actually worked for once, here I was sitting next to the girl I'd liked for months.

"Finn, what's your ideal partner?" sage asked.

"uh well, I guess someone who I can be myself around. I know it sounds cliche but I want to be able to take care of someone but also feel taken care of. I-I have this friend, ya know? their names y/n. beautiful I tell you, they have these (your colored eyes) that look so pretty in the sun. and their advice- y/n always looks out for me."

"shit..I don't think we should be on this date" sage laughed softly.

"I didn't mean it like that, they're my buddy."

"a buddy, huh? so it wouldn't matter if we went back to my place?" she whispered

"of course not, sage."

(Y/n's POV)

you sat on your couch watching shameless, you thought he'd be at your place by now, he always stops by. then you realized, "I need to stop acting like he's mine, holy shit."

he didn't like you, you were his buddy.

______________________
possible pt2 coming soon. <3