03. {lydia's fake party}

Start from the beginning

"she's only unlocked two." kira pointed out.

"plus, one of them is my normal eye colour." moonee glared at stiles, "doofus."

"liam, you'll learn." scott said to the new beta, ending their conversation, "but first, you need to get through the full moon."

"the moon's already out." liam said, irritably.

"and you're starting to feel something, aren't you?" scott challenged.

"i feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nutjobs!" liam snapped at them, "you guys are out of your freaking minds!"

moonee chuckled at the boy's new attitude, it was clear the moon had already begun to take a toll on him.

"i don't know how you did that eye-thing, and i don't care- i'm walking out the door right now, and if any of you try to stop me, i swear to God, i'm gonna-" finally, liam stopped yelling. he put his hands over his ears and started to scream instead.

"what's wrong, liam?" scott inquired.

"you don't hear that?"

fluorescent lights began to reflect through the window, vehicles approaching.

"did you tell someone about this?" lydia questioned, her eyes glued to the exposed window.

"my friend, mason..." liam confessed as people began hooting outside, "you said it was a party..."

"who did mason invite?" stiles interrogated as kira and moonee glimpsed out the window.

"everyone." kira replied, anxiously.

"the floors! get him off the floors!" lydia begged as liam began clawing on the wooden floor. the strawberry blonde approached the freshman, but he roared in her face, making her step back.

"we need to get him to the boathouse- now!" scott demanded.

"take him then." moonee advised.

kira and scott teamed up to lift the shifting beta out of the room.

"stiles..." malia groaned as she dropped down.

"yeah?"

the tate girl lifted her head, flashing her azure eyes and her knife-sharp fangs. at that very moment, moonee was glad she didn't shift during a full moon.

"hey! okay, basement." stiles ordered as he gathered the chains, "now. now!"

"what am i supposed to do with the hordes gathering outside the door?" lydia quizzed.

"lydia, who throws the best parties in beacon hills?" stiles shot back, exasperatedly.

"what?" lydia gasped, taking offence, "me! obviously!"

"okay! then throw a party." stiles concluded, "have moonee be your protege."

before moonee could refuse, the boy and his girlfriend sped out of the room. lydia scoffed and moved over to the door. when she opened it, she was stood in front of a large group of freshmen.

"hey... uh, are we in the right place?" mason hewitt questioned.

"for the party?" garrett from lacrosse added.

moonee peeked her head out from the corner, "absolutely."

the crowd began to cheer as lydia sighed. they welcomed themselves into the martin house, taking moonee with them.

"moon, what are you doing here?" mason asked her.

"helped lydia set up."

"moonee, hi!" francesca santiago entered the house and enveloped her friend in a tight hug.