Four (ms.rabbit)

When I wake up, I feel different. Like I am in the 'real world' again, whatever that is. But the feeling ends when I open my eyes, and in front of me is quite possibly the most strange being I have ever seen. Its whole head was one of a rabbit. It had on a lavender dress with ruffles, and a white apron atop it. It had wings, which looked like a fairy's, that were barely visible from the front. I covered my face in the blanket I woke up wrapped in, which had smelled like a mix of sugar and dust. I felt a cold, human hand move the blanket away from my face.
"It is okay. I am not going to hurt you. I am not angry." The voice was flat, smooth, and somewhat deep. I sit up and move to the farthest corner of the bed away from, the, err, woman? She was holding a little pink dress, some stalking, and some dress shoes. "These are for you," she told me. "I assume you were lost? No worries. Mr. Pond will pick you up after school. He has agreed to take you in. Please, get dressed and come downstairs right after you're ready." She finished saying, placing the dress onto the bed next to me, and leaving the room.
After she left, I took a good look around me for the very first time. I got up and opened the lace curtains to look outside. From this room, I can see the backyard of this house, closed in with a white picket fence. The sky was nearly purple, almost as if it would rain, but everything looked as if the sun was shining. It was all weirdly out of place, yet perfectly in place at the same time. I put on the clothes the rabbit left for me and looked at myself in the mirror on the vanity. My reflection was there, but I couldn't process it. I cannot tell you what my reflection looked like. It was like I wasn't actually there, but I could still see what I looked like at the same time. Weirdly, this was the most alive I have felt in however long.
I left the room, and as I walked down the hall toward the stairs, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. As if every painting on the wall above me was looking. I quickly went down the staircase and presented myself to the kind being. "You look lovely. Please, hurry and eat so you can wait on the porch for the school bus." She told me, offering me a pastry of some sort. I could not tell if she was smiling, and her voice was too monotone to read her emotions. I took the pastry and ate it very quickly. It was the greatest thing I had ever tasted, though I think it was because I couldn't remember the last time I had eaten. The woman then handed me a little yellow backpack, lined with lace, and walked me to the front door.
"Have a nice day. Mr. Pond will pick you up at the end of it." She reminded me, turning around to go back inside. I saw the bus coming down the street. It was a dull yellow. It looked like a school bus I had seen before, but I couldn't quite remember when. As it stopped and the doors swung open, you can imagine my surprise when I looked up to see the driver's head was made entirely of an eye.