Nine (the valley)

One day, when I can remember the events of the day before and what is to come, I ask Mr. Pond about the Back Library during breakfast. He explains that it is an old library, which is not really used much anymore. It was located just two miles away from my school, and that students, or even random pedestrians would walk through the school to cut the travel time there short. "It is currently a place where kids sometimes go to screw around, but nothing more." He says, putting our dishes in the sink. I listened to him closely. I now need to find the back exit of the school, before the last bell rings signaling the start of a new day.
I say very serious goodbyes to Mr. Pond. I hug him and try to keep the feeling of his embrace fresh in my mind for as long as possible, because if everything goes according to my plan, I won't be returning from school this afternoon.
Once at school I go to the bathroom immediately. The bell rings and I look up and down the hallway. The coast is clear. I skip class and wander. I am looking for an exit. I try a door near the cafeteria but it only leads to the playground. So I keep going. With each hall I go down, the school starts to become less and less familiar. I sometimes think I see chairs on the ceiling, or eyes in the vents and dark corners. The brown eye suddenly steps in front of me. "So, you believe me now, huh?" She asks me, arms crossed. I have no idea if I should ask her if she know about the days repeating, and I have no time to ask about that, or how she knew I was in this hallway before she took my hand and started dragging me, and I could only assume we were going to the back door of the school.
"Take this door. Travel straight for a mile. You'll know when you find the library." She tells me, once again leaving no time for questions and running to class.
I open the door. There is a small cement patio, but after that is a valley. It looks a little familiar. There is a very blue sky and a few clouds. There's grass, a dirt trail, and a few houses here and there, although they all look the same. Little cartoonish houses with red roofs. I start down the path. As I do, my stomach feels like it has butterflies, and my eyes start to droop. Despite my worried stomach and tired eyes, I feel like I could float. I am light on my toes and my heart feels as if it has been lifted.
Very soon the houses start to disappear. Now there is nothing but green grass that goes on for miles. It's a lovely valley. When I looked behind me, the school was no longer in sight. Nor were any houses. I started to wonder if I walked to far, but I look in front of me and there is a black portal in the middle of the path. I suppose it's the entrance to the Back Library. I feel nauseous as I step closer and closer to the portal but I can't stop myself. I raise my arm in front of me as I start to walk through it. I can feel my body start to get heavy. I don't feel sick anymore. Just tired, and a little scared. I have let my feet go on autopilot.