𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

Vera made it to her house and pulled up in her driveway. Her hands had a tight grip on the steering wheel. She was in her head again.

'Stop it Vera pull yourself together.'

She took a deep breath and leaned back in her seat. Why did she have so much anxiety right now?
Was it because Patrick was coming over and she offered to cook food for him? Is it just her nerves that mess with her every once in a while? Suddenly someone tapped on Vera's window.

It was Patrick.

Vera rolled down her window and gave Patrick a nervous crooked smile.

"Hey," Patrick said.

"Hey," Vera answered back.

Vera opened her car door as a sign for Patrick to step aside. She got out and closed her door. "So, shall we?" She said jokingly. Patrick grabbed Vera's hand and kissed it.

"We shall."

Vera punched Patrick playfully on his shoulder laughing. "So formal, I feel like I'm at a royal ball." Vera giggled.

"Oh stop it," Patrick says, giggling with her. They walked to Vera's front door where there were a bunch of plants in rows. A home sweet home sign that had flowers on it hanged above the window in the door. Vera's house was a bit big for her to be the only one who was living there, but to her, it was what she called home.

Just her and no one else.

Vera unlocked the door and went inside. She twirled to the left where the light switches were and turned them on.

"Welcome to my home. Please take off your shoes and put them over by the shoe rack. And your coat on the coat rack." Patrick did what Vera told him to do. Vera walked into the kitchen and turned the light on in there. Patrick just followed her. He leaned on the counter looking at her every move.

"What are you planning on cooking?" Patrick asked.

"Well, we have a few options. What I mean by a few is just two. Broccoli pasta and stir fry." Vera responded.

"I think I want the pasta," Patrick said. Vera bent down and opened the bottom cabinet to grab a large size bowl. Patrick was just looking over her as she tried to find it.

"Damnit where is it!!" Vera yelled.

"Do you always get this furious when you begin cooking?" Vera lifted her head and looked at Patrick with a scowl. "Maybe I can help you?"

"I'm fine Patrick. Just go sit at the table or watch tv." Vera said, finally pulling out the large bowl. The bowl slipped out of her hands, dropping to the floor with a clank. Patrick went to grab it and so did Vera. Their hands met when they tugged it a little. They stared at each other like they just done a crime.

"Um..sorry." Patrick apologized.

"I-It's fine."

Vera snatched the bowl and got up quickly. Patrick felt like he made Vera embarrassed. That was something he didn't want to do ever. He knew that Vera gets nervous when incidents like this happen.

"Hey, do you need help with cooking at all?" Patrick quizzed.

"No no, I'm fine."

Patrick sighed and stepped aside. It was best for him to get out of the way and let her have her moment. Vera turned on the stove at the right temperature and placed a pot that was filled with water on it. Vera's phone rang which startled Patrick. Vera grabbed her phone and answered it.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey Vera, it's me, Renn."

"Oh hi Renn, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing well, I'm just checking on you."

"Aww, that's sweet of you. I'm just cooking for a special guest." Vera says smiling. Patrick was curious about what Renn was saying to her, only because she was smiling and blushing. A couple of minutes past and Vera got off the phone still smiling.

"So Renn, he's a friend of yours?" Patrick asked.

"Oh yeah, a close friend. Why?" Vera replied.

"I just couldn't help and noticed how hard you smiled while talking to him." Patrick teased. Vera rolled her eyes and went back to cooking. Patrick chuckled and leaned back in his chair.

"You seem very nosy." Vera began, "Are you jealous?"

"What!? Me jealous? Of what exactly?" Patrick snarled.

Vera just smirked as she chops broccoli for the pasta.