Tainted Boy

*TRIGGER WARNING* PG-18

MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ABUSE, RAPE, MENTAL ILLNESS & OTHER UNCOMFORTABLE THINGS

A/N:
Before I'm starting this new chapter, I would like to apologize if this chapter might triggered the readers. As much as I would like to omit this kind of plot but I need to write it in order for you to understand and know why the character N developed a fear of physical touch. And also, rest assured that this is entirely fictional. Well, here I go~

**********************************************************************************
Both Woohyun and Sunggyu arrive at their now empty classroom. The former's eyes scanned for their class monitor's seat and belongings.

As soon as he spotted them, he quickly grabbed the bag and started rummaging into them (not forgetting to use gloves). Our grumpy hamster quirked one of his eyebrows as he watched the younger looked through the things inside the bag.

"Ya! What's with the digging inside N's bag? I can read from his bag just fine," Sunggyu growled while he stuffed his hands inside his pockets.

Woohyun replied the elder, not even stopping his search, "This is relatively a new bag, hyung. I doubt that you'll be able to read the real reason behind his phobia."

Tick marks appeared on Sunggyu. 'Did this detective brat just mocked my psychometry ability?'

Sunggyu was about to grab his collar when Woohyun continued with his reasoning.

"Fears that are related to physical contacts can only be triggered from a single traumatic event in the past or prolonged abuse."

Hearing the word abuse, Sunggyu froze up. 'Abuse? Did he mean...?'

"You-- You already guessed why?"

Woohyun abruptly stopped his search as he heard the question. He lowered down his head, using his front bangs to overshadow his face.

"I'm not sure but I was hoping for the former rather than the latter, to be honest. But with him passing out while doing basketball practice, the probability of him being abused is high."

Silence came over the two of them with the deduction made from the young detective.

A few seconds later, Woohyun found an old, wooden ballpoint pen which was oddly, had ran out of ink. 'This pen can't be used anymore, tho it's very pretty. Looks like it was handmade too. Perhaps...'

Woohyun held out the pen to Sunggyu. The latter was snapped out from his deep thoughts while his gaze locked on the pen brought out by the man in front of him.

"You want me to read this?"

Our detective boy nodded his head. Sunggyu was a bit skeptical but soon he was determined to read it since the younger mentioned a possible case of abuse. Not realising he held his breath, he quickly go through a simple breathing technique. Then, he rummaged his own bag and tossed a plastic bag at Woohyun. The said boy caught the item that he was thrown at.

"What's this for?" he asked while looking inside the content of the plastic bag.

"That's the pill that helped me when I had attacks related to my ability and also some candies, just in case if I read on the abuse. You do know how to handle panic attacks, right?"

Woohyun chuckled at the last question. "Hyung, even I myself got into panic attacks sometimes but rarely, so yes. I do know how to handle panic attacks."

Sunggyu was in disbelief when he heard that new information. 'Damn, and here I thought he's just a snobbish, arrogant detective pretty boy.'

Not wanting to waste any time, he took the pen and he clutched it tightly but not to the point of breaking it. A replay of memory came through his mind.

[A mid thirties woman with soft features was on her death bed. A younger N was holding her hands while trying to be strong for the woman. The bed-ridden woman gave the handmade wooden ballpoint pen to N. Soon, the memory fast forwarded to a funeral held by N's family for the woman. N's grief can be felt by Sunggyu that made him cry in the physical world.

After that, the scene changes into N living alone at his house. He was cleaning the house when his front door was forced opened with it being slammed shut. N inspected the incoming visitor only to find his dad, home drunk. He lightly scolded his dad as he reek of alcohol. The dad walked closer to N. As N was confused that his dad didn't retorted back or talk to him, he turned around only to find his dad gave a piercing gaze at him.

"D-dad? A-are y-you o-okay?" The younger was worried with his dad sudden change of behaviour. While still being quiet, the dad slapped him hard which made N shocked while being in pain at the face.

"You! You, son of a b***h! I was lenient towards you for all these years because I loved your mother even tho you're not my biological son, only for you to nag at me?! Who do you think you are?!"

N was terrified and heart-broken at the same time. He never thought that he'd found out the truth that his dad was not his real dad. His thoughts were broken by a yank in the hair by his dad.

"From now on, you're going to replace your dead mom as my slave here in this house and you're going to quit school and serve me till you die!! Got it fag?"

With tears streaming down his face, N nodded before he was thrown at the wall quite hard.

Since that day, he was abused at his own house while attending to his alcoholic, drug addict father. And not only he's being physically abused, every night, he was raped by him.

"You looked like your goddamn mother and it would be a waste for me not to do you as my s3x toy."

Hands roam around his body.

The pain of forced penetration.

N was beyond despair and wished himself to die...]

"-ng! -gyu -ng! SUNGGYU HYUNG!" Woohyun shaked the hell out of Sunggyu in order to get him out of his 'reading'.

Once Sunggyu realized that he'd returned to reality, the suffocation that he felt from the memory came to him in full force. He soon find himself struggled to breathe. It was like, he was being choked by the air. He can felt as if that his lungs were being stabbed by thousands of needles, not to mention his throat was burning of dryness.

"Hyung... Calm down... Please..." Woohyun gently released him while trying to talk to him in a soft tone. He was hesitant to hold the older's hand but he keep on trying to make him calm down.

Sunggyu tried to regain his normal breathing while listening to the younger's voice.

"Okay, hyung. Hold your breath and then slowly release them. That's it. You're okay now. Everything is fine now. Do you want to hold hands?"

Woohyun offered his gloved hands. Not sure what came over him, Sunggyu meekly nodded while quickly grabbing his hands. Woohyun kept on giving comforting words to the other while caressing his hands with his thumbs in an effort to soothe his turmoil through physical touch. Soon, Sunggyu's erratic breathing soon became normal again.

Seeing that his hyung was okay, he flashed a relieved smile towards Sunggyu.

The psychometry boy unwittingly reply the smile with a small one before turning his head to the side.l while he quickly wriggled his hands free.

"...Thanks, I guess," he mumbled softly but Woohyun heard it and chuckled at the cute reaction from the hamster grandpa.

****************************************************************************

Another A/N:
Here's another late update. My laptop broke down 3 months ago and the person in charge of fixing my laptop went MIA for that 3 months!! Tho I have my phone, I got stuck on the words that I want to write. Also, it's super uncomfortable for me to write stories on my phone.

That's all for me!

Thanks for waiting 🥰

-mayu_SKM98 @ shina_mikaru-