"O-okay" I placed the ice pack on his reddened cheek and sighed, feeling guilty and sad.

"You look upset"

"I'm not upset"

"Really?" Ian kept his fingertips under my chin and tilted my head up to meet his eyes. "Then do you feel bad for me?"

"N-no I don't" I stammered.

Ian smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. "See, you're too upset to even make a sassy remark. Is it because I lashed out?" He asked with concern. "I'm sorry. It's just that photo is very-"

"Shh" I kept a finger to his lips. "It's not because of you and you don't have to explain, I understand"

Ian smiled. "Thank you" He pressed a kiss to my jaw. "Let's go meet Blake now"

I raised a confused brow. "Blake Smith? Why?"

"You like him so I thought seeing him would cheer you up"

I stared at him for a while and then spluttered with laughter. "Oh my god Ian! You're willing to take me to another man because you want me to cheer up?"

Ian frowned. "Now that you're saying it that way I'm doubting my very decision-"

"Ian" I laughed. "Seriously you thought that?"

"I just don't want to see you upset" Ian defended himself. "But I personally don't like taking you to him"

"What if I had said yes?"

Ian pouted. "Then I'll just sit in the corner and fume in jealousy"

I threw my head back and laughed. "I can't with you-" I laughed till my eyes teared up. "You should never say things like that because I might actually stay with him" I joked.

Ian narrowed his eyes. "There she is, the old Hailey"

"Of course" I grinned. "I never went away. I'm always here. You just haven't seen my full version yet"

"Really? Then what's your full version like?"

"Very sassy. You might want to cry and run away"

"Oh really?" Ian asked in amusement.

"Mmm" I nodded.

A small smile curled in his lips and he leaned forward, his eyes flickering to my lips. He gently pressed his lips on mine and my eyes fluttered shut as our lips moulded together in perfect symphony. He kissed me with a deep desire and passion that rendered me breathless, wanting more and more. He sucked on my lips, bit on them until I was lost in my own bliss. His hands slowly traveled up my back and tangled in my silky waves, his fingers running through the soft strands of my hair. I moaned against his lips and fully turned my body towards him, wrapping my legs around his waist.

Then he suddenly flipped me over, my back landing on the sofa. I gasped but Ian covered my mouth with his, kissing me with a heart clenching passion. His lips moved down, trailing hungry kisses down my throat to my neck, sucking on the tender skin with a deep passion. My hands traveled to his soft luscious curls and I fisted them, pulling at the bottom tendrils. He nipped on my soft spot and my back arched, a loud moan escaping my lips. "Hailey" Ian murmmed against my skin. "You desperately want to leave me, don't you? But then what?" He pressed his lips on my collarbone. "Will you marry another man? Will you forget about me?" His voice came out as pained.

I gulped not knowing how to answer that. Do I really want to be with another man? The thought sounds strange. As if even imagining myself in the arms of another man is impossible.

"Will you forget about everything?" His lips traveled up, capturing mine in a passionate kiss, sucking on my lips fervently. Then he slowly pulled back, allowing us space to breath.

His eyes desperately searched mine for an answer but I didn't know the answer myself. What's wrong with me? Didn't I have everything planned out?

Just ignoring him for three days killed me so how will I ever leave him for the rest of my life? Why is this happening to me?

"Ian I-"

"Don't"

I looked at him in confusion.

"Don't say it" He gave a peck to my lips. "I don't want to hear it" Then he rolled to the side and leaned down next to me.

"Come, sleep on my arm"

He stretched his arm and I didn't feel like refusing his request so I slowly moved towards him and laid my head down on his arm.

Ian smiled and circled his other arm around me, pulling me to his chest.

"The wild cat is calm"

I chuckled. "Just for today. You'll see my normal self again tomorrow"

"Oh I know" Ian grinned. "Sleep now"

"Here?"

"Mmm. If I take you to bed, you'll mentally create a barrier and stay far away from me as much as possible"

I let out a soft laugh. "Fine. Just of today"

Then I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him, wrapping my arm around his waist.

He pressed a long lingering kiss on my forehead. "And Hailey"

"Mmm"

"Don't leave me"

Next update:- 8/7/21