━━ chapter ten

TEN:

rewrite the stars

your Midas touch on the Chevy doorNovember flush and your flannel cure"this dorm was once a madhouse"I made a joke, "Well, it's made for me"

November flush and your flannel cure
"this dorm was once a madhouse"
I made a joke, "Well, it's made for me"

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ✷ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

CAS RAN AFTER HIM, DOWN THE LONG hallway having to take off her heels halfway, as her feet were beginning to hurt. Loki wasn't running but she was, as he got a significant headstart.

She didn't care if the marble was cold on her feet if she had to hold her skirt up to keep from tripping if her hair was in her face. She didn't care. She ran without thinking. That's how it went. she didn't think with him. There was no need.

"Loki please!" She called, definitely loud enough for him to hear. He stopped and Cas could finally catch up to him. "What has gotten into you?" She demanded. He didn't answer, he only angrily looked up at her. She sighed, scowling at him.

"you are so fucking thick," She said, pinching her nose. "I don't understand what your issue is."

"Nobody asked you to chase after me," Loki scoffed, looking away from her.

"you're my best friend!" Cas said, a bit too loudly than she needed to, but it still got the point across. "running after you is the only thing I know!"

"maybe learn something else," Loki hissed. Cas's breath hitched, too shocked to know what else to say. That wasn't the reaction she hoped for.

"What is wrong with you?" Cas yelled, getting more worked up.

"You seem to have already asked that question," Loki said, tapping his foot on the floor in annoyance, his arms crossed.

"I seem to have never gotten an answer." Cas matched his tone, as two could play at the little game he created. If he was going to act like an asshole, so be it. Cas hated that they were fighting when the only thing she wanted to do was kiss him again.

"you and your answers. Why is it that you need answers to things when the answer will disappoint you? You're never satisfied," He hissed, making Cas step back. He really knew how to shut her up.

Maybe this was a lifetime becoming too heavy.

"you don't have to be mean," Cas said, feeling the tension rising between them with each word. Why wasn't this easy anymore? It used to be easy.

"That's the only way that you seem to get it Cas!" Loki almost yelled. "You don't care any other way."

"That's not true and you know it." She needed something, anything to take, to help her hold onto him. If the ground was breaking beneath them, if they were losing, she needed something if they were drowning in eternities.

"You didn't ask me to stay when I helped you get out of a wedding! I stopped you from making the worst decision of your life, and I helped you."

"You know that nobody asked you to do that," Cas said, crossing her arms. She was glad that he did. if Loki hadn't, Cas wouldn't be happy. She knew that she would be feeling horrible, being a housewife wasn't what she was made for.

"Would you rather be in a little house doing nothing but being a housewife?" Loki demanded.

"Why do you care anyway?" Cas asked, her voice louder, laced with anger. She didn't know where it was coming from, she was grateful that he did.

"Because I'm in love with you!" Loki yelled, making Cas gasp. She didn't say anything. He seemed as shocked at her words as Cas was.

Instead, she went for the better solution, and stepped forward, pressing her lips to his, her hand on the back of his head. It took him a moment to react, before he wrapped an arm around her waist, needing this as much as Cas.

He tased bubbly, like champagne and goodness, things that melted together on her lips, better than the first time. It gave her butterflies, and she never wanted to stop kissing him. His lips were addictive, and his hands on her hips were cold enough for her to feel through the fabric resting there.

Eventually, she pulled away, she needed to, even if his lips were addictive, she was already too attached with only one kiss. Her hands were held comfortably on the sides of his face as she rested her forehead on his, both of them breathing heavily and synchronized, waiting for the other to speak first.

"I'm in love with you too, you know," Cas said, feeling Loki let out a relieved puff of air. "I wouldn't mind kissing you more if that's okay."

"why wouldn't it be?" Loki asked, pressing his lips to hers again, pulling away more quickly this time. Their foreheads were no longer touching, but they were still close, touching in some way or another.

"I push boundaries," Cas said, imitating his words with a grin. "I was afraid I pushed too far." Loki laughed. His eyes lit up, the flecks of gold in the emerald getting brighter, only for a moment. Long enough for Cas to notice, making her heart speed up.

Cas sighed, breaking contact with him, dropping her arms to her sides. She didn't know what else to say. They had confessed their love, yelled at each other, kissed again, what more was there?

Cas didn't mind them being more. They were good as friends, but now, there was something else, something better. Maybe it didn't work for some people. Maybe it wouldn't work for them. But they could make it work. They were Cas and Loki. They knew each other for a lifetime.

It had been a while since Cas had stumbled into Asgard, looking for the next thing. It had been a while since she was bored because Being with Loki was never boring. Being with him was a rush,  a beautiful gasp of air. It was refreshing.

It was home.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ✷ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

casloki is officially real!

also the Taylor lyric at the top is my favorite Taylor lyric ever champagne problems supremacy