Tom and Mickey's First Sleepover: Tom's Version

Start from the beginning

I straightened my knees to let them crack, then I walked to the side of my bed and pulled the sheets up before I got in. Mickey was already under the covers, and I looked down at her adoringly. I leaned down to kiss her goodnight once again. I said, "everything's all right, you're safe with me."

My eyelids were so heavy, but I managed to have my eyes half open, just to make sure that this wasn't a dream. I think I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up in the morning with a weird taste in my mouth, and dried drool on my cheek. I wiped it off and sat up before I realized that Mickey wasn't in bed anymore. I inhaled softly and I could still faintly smell her shampoo lingering on my pillows. I threw the covers off and began making my way around my room, grabbing a nearby blanket that was blue and put it around my shoulders like a cape.

Super Tom.

I heard something tinkering around in the kitchen, and the sound of silverware bouncing in the sink. She must be over there, I could smell something cooking but I wasn't sure what it was.

I glanced at my night stand and nearly forgot that I had an extra key of my apartment made for Mickey to keep. I felt like it was the right time to give it to her. I grabbed the key and hid it in the palm of my hand.

I walked out of my room, and could smell the delicious scent of waffles fill the air. I saw Mickey in the kitchen, slaving away. I smiled at her sleepily and said, "good morning."

"Morning, I made waffles," she said. She knows me so well. I love waffles. I could live a hundred lifetimes and still not deserve this girl. She is just too good to be true.

"I know." I sniffed the air for emphasis. "It smells good. And you were rummaging around the kitchen like a raccoon."

She laughed, "really?"

"Really." Her laugh was so contagious. If every word I said could make her laugh, I'd talk forever. Or if every song I sing to her could fill her heart with joy and love, I'd sing forever. I hope that she lets the love I have for her live in her heart and it can beat forever.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be loud. By the way, I can't find your spatula."

"It's lost?" I asked.

"That's what I said

"That's what I said. I've been using a fork instead. Works just as well since they're in a waffle maker."

"I'll have to get a new one," I said. I walked up behind her and looked down at the waffles while bending down slightly to place my chin on her shoulder. I said to her, "you're so hot when your morning hair is a mess."

She said, "so is yours."

I asked, "how was your night?"

"It was fine," she shrugged.

"Wanna talk about it?" I rubbed her arm gently in an attempt to comfort her. I pressed my lips to the side of her neck and inhaled. I love her scent. It makes me weak.