Ch.40 Promises of Forever

Mulai dari awal

"Killian," Kiara called to him in between her sobs. "Please....nothing makes sense."

With a heavy heart, Killian turned towards Kiara. He took a few steps to close the distance between them and sank down to his knees. Lila stirred in her mother's arms as droplets of Kiara's tears fell on the baby girl's cheeks.

"What am I going to do?" Kiara searched Killian's eyes for some kind of answer. "Everything is telling me to be angry. To be furious. To take Lila and leave...."

"Be angry with me," Killian begged. "Scream at me. Tell me you hate me....whatever you want to do, do it."

"I can't be upset with people I do not know," Kiara shook her head. "It's pointless. All of this is pointless."

"No," Killian moved closer. "It's not. You're here, you're holding our daughter. That's not pointless."

Kiara's heart stumbled in her chest before contracting so hard that she visually shook. Pulling Lila closer, she tore her eyes away from Killian and looked down at the baby.

"Our daughter...." she whispered.

"Yes," Killian nodded. "Kia, we love you so much. Lila loves you so much. You love her so much."

"Our daughter..." Kiara said once more. "My daughter....."

Killian was about to reach out and catch the teardrop on Kiara's chin when she slowly began to look up. Her beautiful brown eyes narrowed slightly as her head began to tilt. The little movements were so familiar to Killian that his heart began to race like a jet.

"Kia?" He tried to catch her gaze.

"This is my daughter," Kiara held Lila out towards Killian. "You took my memories of my daughter."

Killian felt as if someone had just knocked the wind out of him. He felt his eyes water once more as Kiara began to sob harder.

"I have no memories of my daughter!" she cried. "I'm holding her in my arms but I have no bond with her! You took that from me."

Killian didn't argue. Kiara was angry. She had every right to be. He watched her cling to Lila as if she was her life source. His broken heart mingled with joy of seeing Lila and Kiara together while and the pain in Kiara's eyes.

"You wanted me to be upset with you, right?" Kiara gave a heartbreaking laugh as she wiped her nose with the back of her hand. "There. I'm upset."

Killian's jaw worked as he kneeled in front of Kiara, soaking in all her anger.

"I'm upset because you took something very beautiful from me," Kiara continued. "Every time I look at Lila and wonder what it was like to carry her inside of me, I will remember what you did to me, Killian."

___________________________

"Nora?" Hayden walked up to the closed door and knocked once again for the third time in the last hour.

"What part of go away are you not understanding?" Nora yelled from the other side.

"The go away part," Hayden rolled his eyes. "Open this door right now."

"Or what?" Nora snorted. "What are you going to do? Break your way inside?"

"Yes."

"I'll yell for help."

"I'll portal you away."

"That's kidnapping."

"Call it whatever you want," Hayden knocked once more. "Please....just open the door."