Harry had his phone up not five seconds later and Louis did a doubletake, pressing a button. God... He hadn't seen Harry in a while. Years of being reclusive made him an incredible hider. He looked like a man in a lot of pain and it made Louis wonder what he looked like, as well. Harry should have left long before. Why didn't he just get up and leave?

"Hi. I'm sure the internet will blow up after this. I just wanted to put this livestream out there to pour out some feelings about someone... Someone who knows exactly who they are. I'm here to talk directly to them and I hope to God they're listening because I'm really trying not to break down, here. I think I'm about to have an anxiety attack, honestly and do you guys want to know why? Because I... I think I'm falling in love with you. Or maybe... No, no, somewhere along the line, I fell. I fell so fucking hard... I'm already in love with you. I... I dunno, fuck. This should probably be going much smoother."

Louis stilled, every part of his body freezing up on him. He forgot how to breathe. He wanted to convince himself that Harry wasn't talking to him, that there had to be a reasonable explanation for his words but the sincerity in his eyes had him wanting to tear away his gaze and yet completely transfixed, unable to look away from this utter mad man.

"I never actually planned to say the words... Not anytime soon, anyway. Because I don't know. You'll probably say I don't know what love is and you'd be right to assume that. I'm a hopeless romantic in my twenties who gets attached too easy and you're too cynical for all that love nonsense, I bet. Heck, I bet you're convincing yourself this is all a lie right now. And somehow, that makes me wish I had said it sooner. Because now that it's finally out of my mouth, I get to say it again and again until you either get so tired of me that you push me away or... Hopefully... You someday find it in your heart to want someone like me.

"Well, I just said that. And I'm terrified of how you'll react. I didn't mean to shock you but then again, I didn't fucking ask you to be so blind to how incredible you are that it probably never occurred to you for a second that someone could ever love you. I didn't ask you to be so unable to see how absolutely dazed you make me in all the little things, I didn't... I guess this is what it feels like. I'm getting anxiety and euphoria at the same time... I don't quite know what to make of it. All I know is that the secret is out, now. Feel free to beat me up, love. Blue says bye, by the way, to all the lovely people on this stream, most especially... You."

Harry pressed end after making the teddy bear wave his arm, hearing movement on the other end and then he was scrambling as well, tugging down his shirt just as the door opened. He let his eyes trail over that face. Those blue eyes were the most fearful he had ever seen them. "Hi. You're still alive. That's good to know. That's the only reason I did that, by the way. Had to make sure and all-"

"You... Lied." Harry knew Louis knew he had said the truth. If he didn't, he would have kept the door locked. He wouldn't have spoken. So he took a step forward, nearly coming apart when Louis yelped and moved back, stumbling over something and falling on the floor. He kept inching back, still seated on the ground and Harry begged him to stop with his eyes.

"Didn't. I wasn't about to blow my chance of seeing you. Not for a second."

"You... Then you're a fool. A genuine fool. That was the dumbest thing anyone has ever said about me and will ever say about me." Harry shut his eyes but nodded in agreement. It was true. It was stupid, what he'd done but there was Louis with his eyes and hair and voice so it was worth it. No matter what came next.

"Might be dumb and I might be the world's biggest fool, falling for someone who could never feel the same but it's true. Please stop moving away. I haven't physically seen you in so long... Heard your voice... Buried my face in your neck."