P A R T 1

Today is the day. The day Caroline kills herself. She is gonna do it. Today is really the day. She gets to the bridge she plans to jump from, the same bridge with the bench she sad on every day while she was in high school. The bridge she has wanted to jump off of for about three years, probably longer but she really decided this was the one three years ago.

Caroline is sure that this is the day. She even wore her favorite sweater and sweatpants. She thought about wearing a dress like some people do in movies but that seemed a little dramatic, she would ruin a perfectly good dress that she doesn't even like when she can wear her favorite clothes.

When Caroline woke up this morning she said goodbye to all her things, she had just finished packing them into boxes for either her landlord or the salvation army to come to take when she is gone. All her affairs are in order. She didn't closer any of her accounts or anything but she made a will that gave simple instructions on what to do and how to do it. She wished whoever had the unlucky job of doing that luck.

Once everything was set and she had on her outfit she walked to the bridge. Caroline didn't bother writing a suicide note, she didn't have anyone to address it to. She didn't bother quitting her job because it would be less paperwork for her and more for her boss, who she hated and vice versa. She didn't bother moving out of her apartment because she also hated her landlord and vice versa.

On the walk to the bridge, Caroline thought about the last few years of her life, actually her entire life. How did she get here? Alone at 23. Was she always alone she thought to herself. She didn't feel alone in high school, she may not have had a family or foster family that cared about her and she may not have been popular but she had Augustine. Augustine was always there for her. He was her rock.

Was. she didn't like that word. It implied that something was over, gone, or lost. Caroline was soon to be over, gone, and lost. Soon she would be in the local newspaper with the word was after her name. She didn't like that thought but at least she wouldn't be around to see it.

Once Caroline made it to the bridge it was about noon. She hadn't eaten today but she was nice enough to clean out her fridge so that her hateful landlord was a little less hateful and the people that lived in her apartment after her didn't have to suffer the smell of rotting milk.

Caroline decided that she didn't want to do it directly when she got there, she wanted to try to enjoy life one last time before it was over, gone, and lost. Not that she ever enjoyed it much.

---

Thanks for reading chapter 1 

- Celeste <3