Pulling me into a hug, Alex rested his chin on the top of my head and I knew this was it.  "You too.  Don't do anything silly tonight."  He kissed my cheek then released me.

Grinning I picked up the knife, twirling it around.  "What do you mean?"

Alex groaned and went to pluck the knife from my hand, but I slid out of his reach.  "For starters, let's not chop any fingers off."

Nodding my head in agreement, I stopped playing with the knife and put on my serious face.  "Fair enough."

We spoke for a few moments more before Alex walked out of the door and probably out of my life for good.  Feeling the tears sting my eyes, I finally let them fall.  Although I was happy for him, it didn't mean I couldn't hurt for a little bit.  As my vision blurred, I tried to concentrate on the task at hand, even though cutting fruit probably wasn't the best thing to do when you're crying.

Jungkook POV:

Looking down at my phone, I checked the time then sighed.  If I was going to make it in time, I needed to get showered and changed.  Not ready to stop yet, I set the timer on my phone for ten minutes, wanting to finish up the workout I had started almost forty minutes ago.  Giving the bag in front of me, a couple final hits, I pulled off the gloves, hanging them on a hook then wiped the sweat from my face, wincing when the tape on my hands snagged the bar in my eyebrow.  I had pierced it a little over a year ago.  It wasn't anything major, but it caused our fandom, affectionately called ARMY to lose their shit, saying I was no longer a baby and I had grown into a man.  Finally they were realizing it.  I was worried that everyone would always see me as the baby of BTS.  This was a little way to start changing that image.

I stripped off the tape, tossing it in the wastebasket then headed upstairs to shower.  The rest of the members had decided to spend New Years Eve doing a VLive with ARMY.  We weren't really in the mood to have an actual party.  Ever since Jin got engaged, our party days had come to a standstill.  Although we still went out with our outside friend groups, it was hard to go out with the rest of the members without the presence of Jin and his dumb dad jokes.  He still hung out with us, but not as much.  His fiancé, Jeong Mi-suk, was a little more reserved and didn't appreciate the antics of our group.  She seemed to be easily annoyed by us so Jin tried to limit her exposure to us.  Lately he had been spending more time with her, but tonight he was in the dorms and I was happy to be able to spend New Years with him.

It was hard to believe that Kim Seokjin, the oldest member of our group, the one who had been there for me since I was only a trainee just starting out, was getting married.  The marriage, something arranged by their families, wasn't even based on love.  Mi-suk was a childhood friend of Jin's, someone he grew up with more or less.  Since Jin was already 30, his parents had made the decision that he needed to get married already.  The Jeong family offered up their single, beautiful daughter and the engagement was set.  Jin had shared the news with ARMY, receiving mixed reactions.  Since the news came out of nowhere, ARMY suspected it was an arranged marriage, but supported the oldest member anyway, saying as long as he is happy, they're happy.  It was surprising to see that reaction since ARMY was generally possessive over us, but maybe it wasn't as much as we thought.

Jimin was coming down from the bedroom he shared with Hoseok as I headed up towards the bathroom I shared with Taehyung.  His hair flopped over his face messily as he adjusted the buttons on the sleeves of his shirt.  "Hey Jungkookie.  How was the workout?" 

I shrugged.  "Was good.  Typical.  Long and tiring." 

Jimin nodded, giving me a grin.  "Make sure you don't work yourself too hard and get plenty of good rest."  Park Jimin was one of the smallest members of our group besides Min Yoongi, but he had the biggest heart.  He was often portrayed as this affectionate, little sweetheart, who wanted nothing more than to drape himself across the rest of us offering easy affection and that couldn't be more accurate.  He was exceptionally kind and sensitive, usually the first one to show emotion, and the first one to help when needed.  He was not only my member, but also my friend and brother.