1

• Jo's POV •

Hello I'm Josephine, I go by Jo to most of my friends. I'm 17 years old, I have medium length dark brown hair, and pink full lips. I have olive colored skin along with light brown eyes.

Me and my friends, Emma, and Candice were currently drooling over hot guys on my laptop.

"Okay, he's definitely mine." Emma said pointing to one of the guys on google images.

"Not fair!" Candice whined making me and Emma fall into a fit of giggles. Candice is the whiny one of our group.

Emma is the insecure, shy/quiet one, but strong nonetheless. And me? Well I was the "rich", "bratty", "stuck up", girl. Well at least that's how everyone sees me anyways.

I'm not saying I'm not any of those things, but when other people say it to your face, you realize just how much it actually hurts to believe.

"We should throw a party tonight!" Emma squealed out making me jump. I had told my friends my dad wasn't going to be home tonight due to his work and here they were wanting to throw parties that were going to definitely get me in a load of trouble.

"Look, if I find out how long my dad is going to be gone, I will see." I said sternly and Emma and Candice practically jumped on top of me.

"Okay, off now." I choked out, glaring at them, making them laugh at me.

"You're the best Jo!" Candice said and sent her a fake smile,

"I know."

--------------

"Dad?" I called out as I entered his bedroom to see if he was there. He wasn't. All I found were pictures of my mother.

I could feel tears prick my eyes and I quickly turned away from the photos. It's been really hard for me and my dad ever since my mom left both of us.

The sad thing is that she didn't even have a reason to leave me and him. One day we both woke up and found a note that she had left for us, saying that she had left.

I sighed walking out of my dads cold room. This guy really needs to get a heater in there, his room feels like an ice box.

I walked down our dark brown wooden staircase, somehow I managed to slip and fall onto my bum.

"Ow!" I shouted loudly on purpose. I was hoping my dad would appear and make sure I was okay. But guess what. He didn't.

I rolled my eyes and got up continuing to walk down the stairs with a now sore butt. I'm such a clumsy idiot.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard a noise come from our kitchen. I looked around me trying to find a weapon. Someone was in my house and more then likely I was going to die.

I saw nothing around me that I could use, so I went ahead and dumped the fake flowers onto the table that were in this ceramic flower vase.

I picked up the vase and walked slowly and quietly to the kitchen. There he was shirtless, and raiding our fridge.

"Oh hell no! That's my food!" I yelled and threw the vase at him. Just like me, I missed and the vase hit the counter and shattered into a million pieces.