Part 33

That night, Bonnie was tossing and turning in Damon's bad, thinking about Jeremy's engagement. Why was it bothering her so much anyway? Maybe because the girl she saw in Jeremy's arms the other day didn't seem good enough for him. But how could she think that when she didn't even know her? Besides, Damon wasn't exactly the embodiment of an ideal boyfriend either. But it didn't matter because she loved him. Was it possible that Jeremy loved Ruth and she was the right woman for him?
'Bonnie, you're not sleeping?' Damon spoke, dragging her out of her thoughts.
'I can't,' she mumbled in reply. Damon pulled her closer, and she relaxed in his embrace immediately. If only she had this feeling of happiness also when Damon wasn't holding her in his arms.
'You're thinking of Jeremy, aren't you?' he guessed right away without having to ask her anything, and he started drawing circles on her left arm with his finger.
There was no point in lying. 'Yes,' she confirmed in a weak voice. 'I'm sorry.'
'What are you apologising to me for? It's obvious that you're surprised and that it will take some time before you take it in.'
Bonnie sighed. 'I guess you're right. But I don't want you to think that it's... making me upset or anything. Because it isn't. I'm happy he's fallen in love, and I'm happy with you.'
'You don't need to explain anything to me, Bon Bon. I get it. You know how hard it was for us before I got over Elena.'
Bonnie made a face. 'Don't even remind me...'
'She's gone,' said Damon and kissed her. 'She's moved on. She won't cause us any trouble anymore. And neither will Jeremy.'
Bonnie returned his kiss. 'Nobody will,' she stated as firmly as possible. 'From now on, we're just a happy, satisfied couple.'
Damon laughed and squeezed her tight. That hug meant only one thing - forever.

THE END

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! :) ♥