In all the fret about 'how' the date should be, he may have overlooked the possibility of 'if' the date would even happen.
Needless to say it's a teenzy bit, only tiny, barely visible, microscopic setback for him when he shyly asks the boy to let him take him out on a date and the answer is a blatant no.

"Look at you! You probably have your drinking water imported from Iceland!" Jungkook had exclaimed with his usual Bambi eyes blown full into two gibbous moons and hands flying stray dramatically. "No way am I letting you take me out on a date."

Ouch.

Jungkook never did beat around the bush, but a little cushion to the blow would've been nice.
Taehyung feels a lump settle in his voice box that he, by now, is savvy at swallowing.

He nods with a ducked head, ready to climb into the car to bawl his eyes till he reaches the office building.

Perhaps it was just him looking too much into their interactions, only him brainstorming the efforts he is ready to make, to equalise the differences in their worlds.
Perhaps Taehyung's life is too hectic for Jungkook to be part of, because honestly, they do get water imported from Denmark.

It takes him less than 3 seconds to demean his existence and and even lesser to lose all hope when Jungkook snaps his fingers in front of his languid eyes.

"You know what you should do instead?" he passes the balmy smile of his and slowly interlocks their skimming pinky fingers. "You should let me take you on a date."

Taehyung isn't stubborn, pfft. Not in the slightest. But he is nonetheless strong-willed.

Honestly, he gets it. Jungkook being skeptic of his date ideas.

When all he presents himself as is that weirdo senior who is always dressed to the nines, often found bombasting at his primeval assignments when his fellows are lugging like zombies after nights of parties.

Jungkook's casual inquisitions had abruptly turned into concern when Taehyung had practically buffered at a simplest question like "So, what do you do for fun?".

The older had sulked all day and half the night at this, whimmed in epiphany that.. Seriously, what does he do for fun?"

Answer- he takes one (1) wonderful starry-eyed, pretty-moled, snub-nosed, toothy-smiled boy on equally wonderful dates like he deserves.
Yes, that's what he does.

Jungkook must think Taehyung is one of those innately wealthy grandpas trapped in a young body; but he will do whatever he can to prove that he is a fun innately wealthy grandpa trapped in a young body.

So he sticks his ground. No, Jungkook will not snatch away this opportunity. Because he knows there will be many many more to come with this one first date has to be special and he is fairly capable of making it one.

To his un-surprise Jungkook is equally relentless. Actually, much more.

While Taehyung will come up with logical reasoning and documented Zoho sheets on pros and cons of his argument, Jungkook simply ends it by stuffing fingers into his ears and yelling the Batman theme song on top of his lungs.
The good ol' classic debatery.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.