Jackson finally made his way into the Hufflepuff common room, carrying a small bottle when a few younger Hufflepuffs made their way in, oblivious to the situation.

"Get out of here! We need the room!" Jackson snapped at them as they scurried away, Cedric making a small mental note to apologize to them later.

"Here, drink." Jackson said, passing Fred the bottle as he downed it, letting it sink in.

"Alright, Fred, did Angelina kiss you?" Luke asked.

"Yes."

"So you didn't kiss her?" Jackson clarified, the two boys feeling extra protective over their friend.

"I didn't."

"Do you love Elle?"

"Yes."

"Are you in love with Elle?"

"Yes, I think... I don't know. I'm upset right now." Fred stammered.

"I wonder why." Dylan scoffed as Fred clenched his jaw.

"Do you like Angelina more than a friend?" Dylan now asked.

"I don't know." Fred said.

"Would you ever cheat on Elle with her?" Olivia now asked.

"No."

"Do you want to kiss Angelina again?" Olivia asked again.

"I don't know."

"Well not knowing is just as bad." Elle said, finally speaking up as she looked at Fred through her blurry, tear-filled eyes.

"Elle I love you." Fred told her.

"But yet you let Angelina come between our relationship." Elle scoffed.

"Did you want to break up with Elle for any reasons, including Angelina being into you?" Luke asked.

"Sometimes."

"Why?" Elle asked.

"I feel like I'm not good enough for her and I can't protect her against people who want to hurt our families and it stresses me out. We both feel insecure in our relationship, obviously, or we wouldn't have these jealousy issues. It drives us apart." Fred revealed, obviously feeling embarrassed that he was sharing his feelings in front of everyone.

"I wonder why she feels insecure." Olivia sarcastically said as Luke sent her a 'be quiet' look.

"Why do you hate Cedric?" Ian now asked as Cedric sent him a 'wtf' look.

"I'm scared Elle would leave me for Cedric as he obviously has a crush on her, I mean who wouldn't. He can be so much better than me, he's everything I'm insecure about. He comes from a wealthy family, he's a great wizard and he's not ugly." Fred muttered out, looking like he was fighting against his own self to admit all of this.

"Anything else you want to ask him, Elle?" Jackson quietly asked her as she shook her head, not knowing what to say.

"Maybe we should talk alone." Elle decided, standing up to signal for him to follow her into the hall.

The two walked in silence as they went to sit on the staircase, side by side, not sure what to say.

"Do you believe me now?" Fred asked, being the first person to speak up.

"I believe that she was the one that kissed you." Elle said, "How did we end up here Fred?"

"Jealousy."

"Jealousy." Elle nodded in agreement.

"So Elle, what do you want to do?" Fred asked her.

"I think we need a break." Elle sighed.

"What?" Fred spluttered out.

"A break." Elle repeated.

"I'm not taking a break. Nothing good will come from it and we both know that. Either we break up now or we work through it." Fred spoke.

"I don't know Fred... I need some time, I mean, you literally just kissed another girl!" Elle argued.

"She kissed me!" Fred defended once again.

"Fred..."

"Fine, I'll make it easy for you then. I guess we are breaking up." Fred scoffed.

"What?" Elle whispered out.

"I'm just not ready for this to continue Elle, not right now, not anymore." Fred sighed out, feeling the lump in his throat began to tighten as he felt himself trying not to cry, "There's so much going on with my Dad and his work, yours too, and we fight too much-"

"Those all sound like pathetic excuses." Elle cut him off, letting her tears fall.

"Im sorry Elle, but it seems like we need to break up. I can't keep doing this with you, having the same fights over and over."

"God, I wish that you had thought this through... before I went and fell in love with you." Elle cried out.

"Elle-" Fred started.

"It doesn't matter anymore Fred, you broke up with me, we are over." Elle repeated, "God, I feel so stupid."

"Look-I'm sorry." Fred quietly said, his own tears falling down his cheeks.

"Don't you dare forget about the way you betrayed me." Elle cried out, "You talked about forever with me? Was that all bullshit? Now what, we restart with new people? That's all so fucked up!"

Before Fred could say anything again, Elle was on her feet running away from him. If Elle was good at anything, it was running away from her problems as she had issues confronting things head-on, she didn't like to feel weak, and right now, she felt weak.

Elle didn't even care who saw her crying as she continued to run in the hall.

"Elle?" She heard her brother's voice call from beside her as she stopped in her tracks, turning to look at him to see he and Riley sat on a bench.

Nathan quickly stood up, rushing over to his little sister with Riley in tow.

"Elle, what happened?" Riley asked her.

"Fred broke up with me." Elle cried out as Nathan tugged her close to him for a hug as she cried into his chest, Nathan's arms wrapped around her.

"He did what?" Nathan asked, wanting to go all protective big brother on Fred and kick his ass which Riley noticed.

"Not the time Nathan, she needs you." Riley whispered to him as he let out a sigh, but agreed with her.

"Come on Elle, let's get you up to my room." Nathan said, leading his little sister into the Ravenclaw tower and up to his room before sitting on the bed with her, letting her cry into his chest as Riley tried to comfort her as well.

Meanwhile, Fred stayed frozen in place on the stairs, not knowing what he did and why he did it. He felt like an idiot. Elle was his first love and he still is in love with her. He did regret what he said to her but at the same time, he had a feeling deep, deep, deep down that maybe it was for the best.

George soon made his way out of the Hufflepuff common room, going to sit beside Fred on the stairs.

"So, what happened?" George asked him.

"I just broke up with Elle." Fred muttered out as George turned to look at him, wide-eyed.

"What?" George spat out as Fred slowly nodded.

"Yup." Fred deadpanned.

"You are such a stupid git! She is so good for you... Fred, come on man, how could you do this?" George asked, feeling stuck in between his best friend and twin brother.

"I really fucked it up this time, didn't I George?" Fred sighed out, letting his tears freely fall.

"You said you were all in with her... she's different, you can't just play with her like that." George sighed out, feeling utterly disappointed at the situation at hand.

"I know George, okay? I know." Fred sighed out, not wanting to hear anymore.

"Dammit, okay, Fred come here." George sighed, his heart breaking at the sight of his twin brother, bringing him in for a hug as Fred cried into his side.