"is this even worth it anymore?" you ask, a single tear dropping down your cheek. simultaneously, your quirk activates, making you flinch when your tear stings your cheek.

"when is enough enough..." you whisper before walking to the door. swiftly grabbing your book bag, you open the door and walk out, not knowing that izuku, shoto and momo just missed grabbing your hands.

--- <--- this is the new time skip. i'm tired of the old one not being even and whatever 😐

"so like..what happened to bakugo?" mina asks around, pointing two fingers in his direction. like shoto, many scuff marks and bandaids are visible on his face. like you mentioned earlier, it's like he got into a cat fight with an actual cat.

"he's not the only one busted up. look at the back of the room." kaminari says, looking at a specific someone who you questioned earlier.

"his beautiful face! who would do such a thing?!" mina yells in despair. "the provisional license classes sure sound tough."

"must be great work though-"

"STOP TALKING ABOUT IT HERE!" bakugo finally snaps. "class is starting! i must mark tsu and uraraka tardy!" iida cuts in, raising his arm up like a dictator. you hear momo cut in from behind you. "their absences are excused today."

"kirishima isn't here either, isn't he?" jirou asks while looking around. "you didn't hear? those three found places to do work studies." sero clears up.

you keep your head low, resting your chin on your folded arms. after your little fit earlier, you're in no mood to intervene or talk with your classmates. you feel two pairs of eyes burn into your back and you already know it's shoto and momo but you don't care at the moment, only letting your mind fill with past events.

"how'd your work study go?" mineta asks izuku but not without asking about anything mineta would ask. you see izuku drop his head slightly and you know he's thinking about eri. "yeah it was fine..." he answers in a sad tone. knowing he sounds down, izuku doesn't only think about eri. he thinks about you as well.

you wouldn't understand.

why was i chosen to have this life?

is this even worth it anymore?

'y/n..i hadn't noticed it before.' izuku starts thinking. his mind flashes back to several times when he's interacted with you. 'now that she's actually voiced her stress, her attitude has been changing. she's been snapping a lot more, smiling less than i'd like her too.' moments of you play in his head.

'moments like these..dare i say,

"you have the same work study, right y/n? how's that going for you?" izuku hears mina ask. "..just fine." you answer similarly.

"are you okay? you seem down..?" someone asks.

"i'm fine." you answer in a colder tone than usual.

"are you sure..?" kaminari asks, looking at your what seems to be sulking posture.

"mhm." you answer with a clenched jaw.

"we're here if anything-"

"i said i'm fine." you snap, turning your head to glare at sero. the class stays silent and sero's eyes widen at you. you've never talked to him like that before and he feels himself get smaller as your glare focuses on him.