//

Everyone went back to Hogwarts to complete their classes for the week after a fun-filled weekend and they were back to worrying about their classes and homework. Elle sat in the library as she, Olivia, Fred, Luke, and the three Hufflepuff boys started studying for yet another Transfiguration quiz that Elle had period five with Cedric, Dylan, and Ian, while Fred, Olivia, and Luke had it period three. Elle bounced between both tables of three, trying to study with Cedric as he was more skilled than her, but then trying to help Fred and Olivia as she was more skilled than them.

She sat beside Cedric as he reviewed chapter six with her, trying to explain the different spells as she groaned, laying her head on her hands on the table.

"Cedric, none of this makes sense." Elle groaned out as he lightly bumped shoulders with her.

"Oh come on Ellie, you got this." Cedric laughed as the two began to goof off instead of studying.

From the other table, Fred's jealousy rose as he watched Cedric and Elle joking around together so he turned to Olivia and Luke, who were actually trying to study.

"Do you think Elle and Cedric would have started dating if she and I didnt?" Fred asked as Luke let out a sigh.

"I don't know how to answer that, Fred." Olivia told him, feeling stuck in the middle.

"Did she ever have actual feelings for him?" Fred asked again.

"That's something you would have to ask her, not us. Sorry mate." Luke told him, returning to look back at his textbook.

"Yeah, yeah... you're right." Fred sighed out, looking back at his textbook as Elle bounded back over to him.

"Okay, Cedric just described it to me so let's try and figure it out together, hm?" Elle asked him as he nodded, the two re-reading the textbook over and over again as they tried to retain as much information that they could.

What felt like hours later, Fred and Elle sat in her room, cuddling on her bed.

"What's wrong? You've been quiet all day." Elle asked him.

"Did you ever have feelings for Diggory?" Fred asked her as her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Where is that coming from?" She asked, completely shocked by the question as they were happily together.

"Just tell me, love." Fred sighed out, sitting up to look at her as she did the same.

"Completely honest, yeah I did. In my second year, I had a schoolgirl crush on him. Why?" Elle asked.

"So you did have feelings for him." Fred repeated.

"When I was twelve. I only thought he was cute the same way I found celebrities cute. Also, why are you acting like you weren't aware? You and George both knew I liked him way back when." Elle told him.

"Are you going to leave me for him?" Fred asked, his voice going softer.

"Fred, that's absurd. I am in love with you, only you. I have and always will choose you." Elle reassured.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

//

Two weeks had gone by now, the students hard at work as they studied for their upcoming midterms as Christmas drew nearer and nearer, so did the Yule ball. It was now the first week of December and as it got colder outside, Elle didn't mind spending more time curled into Fred's side by the fire in the common room.

The Yule ball had become the talk of the school, as everyone anticipated who was going to ask who, and how everyone began growing nervous in case no one asked them.