Chapter 40 || The first argument

Start from the beginning

" At least try not to be too blunt," I snapped.

"If she takes advantage and tries to get close to me even after my denial then I will be blunt. Ask her not to cling to me. I don't even understand why she is acting like that," Aria sneered irritated.

" She thinks of you as her sister. She lost her sister when she was 10. Just because you were showered with love from your childhood doesn't mean you can be this cold with others feelings. Not all are blessed with loving parents like you. Try to value others' love." 

I stormed out the room. I heard her call out for me but I went out without responding. If she can't listen to me then why should I ?

Flashback end

 I didn't drop her at the hospital like I usually do. I'll usually call her but today I was too upset to do so. I don't know what was in her mind when she said all those mean things to her. I was getting frustrated with her behaviour. Being mean is not appreciable at all. At least not to my sister. We didn't have a family to shower us with love. There were no arms to hold us when we cried. The world had always turned its back on me...on us. There was a time when I had no shoulder to lean, or cry and vent my anger out. Having no one for you is terrible and I know the pain. Our life was not like that of Aria's. We faced loss at an age where you can never imagine how it feels. Being loved is such a blessing but here she is neglecting calling it as her arrogance. What makes her dislike Laila? I don't even get it.

Laila is innocent, my heart said.
So is Aria, said my mind. 

Yeah, but why is she being so mean and blunt to Laila? Laila caused her no harm, replied my heart.

 It's her choice to like and dislike people. You can't force anyone to like a person, said my inner self. 

Yeah right. I must ask Laila not to try to get too close with Aria. It might take some time for Aria to open up. I asked Laila to come to my cabin through the intercom.

She knocked on the door and entered. After the encounter with Aria, she always entered after knocking and I didn't say anything about that. That day was the first time she walked in without knocking and Aria made it to be her last time. Certain freedom can only be given to my Aria, so I didn't interfere with that. It would be better if she does, said my mind. 

"Hey Tae, need anything from me? " she asked me with a smile.

Though I wasn't in a mood to smile, I twisted my lips very lightly just to not make her feel bad. Smiling is the least my lips are capable of when Aria ignores me. My thoughts were swirling only over her making it hard to talk to anyone right now, still I chose to clear this with Laila. She gave me a questioning look when she saw me staring at her blankly, lost in the thoughts of my Aria. 

Shaking my head to a no, I spoke, " Actually I was thinking about Aria. I mean I want to talk to Aria. No, wait I mean, I was thinking about Aria and now I  want to talk to you about Aria." the words slipped my lips with a smile. God! She is making me turn into a lunatic. Her thoughts had always been holding a major control over my actions.

"She is not an easily gelable person. It takes time for her to come out from her shell. Even during the initial period of our marriage she was way too blunt and sassy. I accept the mistake was also on my side but what I am saying is unless or until she accepts you she will be cold. So..." I dragged giving her an understanding look. She nodded with a smile.

She said, " I get it, Tae. No pressure at all Tae, I can totally understand you. She reminds me of my sister. She was exactly like her. But now she is no more. I just got dragged down the memories again," she said blinking her glossy eyes rapidly but her voice cracked in the end.