TRACK 11

saturday, 11:50pm, new york city

"And, we're on commercial break. Let's reset!" A voice from behind the camera crew shouted.

I waved one last time to the crowd before turning to walk off stage, with a pounding heart and sweaty palms still in full effect.

"That was amazing," Jeff exclaimed, "Your first live performance. Amazing."

I let out a shaky breath. "Are you sure it was alright?"

"Alright? It was perfect!" His eyes went to his phone, "Everyone is loving it online. We are going to have a great cycle of press tomorrow morning."

I was certain Jeff was telling the truth. Had anything actually gone wrong, I was sure he would find some way to cut the live television broadcast. Yet, I still worried that the performance was not as good as everyone around me was making it seem.

Ryan appeared by my side as we walked into the dressing room and handed me my phone. The worrying thoughts began to disappear as I opened my text message notification.

TJ:

Nice job

TJ:

I like you in leather

Carter:

You watched?

TJ:

Of course I did

TJ:

You sounded good

TJ:

Looked pretty good too

sunday, 9:35pm, los angeles

"The guys were talking about having a party when we're back."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," TJ whispered, "So... if you're around, maybe you could stop by."

sunday, 10:11pm, new york city

Silas:

Dude big party Friday night at the house!

Silas:

See ya there?

wednesday, 6:00pm, los angeles

"Hey, I have, like, a minute to talk before one of the boys busts down the door," TJ whispered from the other end of the call.

I couldn't help but smile hearing her voice. "Where are you?"

"Hiding in the bathroom. But don't worry," her voice dropped to that seductive tone I had grown to know so well, "I could still say some naughty things to you without them hearing."

"Well, as much as I would love that, I'm actually in the studio right now. And, I can't afford to get distracted by you."

TJ let out a dramatic sigh. "Fine, fine... your loss. But, when I'm home in two days-" A loud banging noise interrupted. "What?!" I could hear her yell, presumably to whoever was on the other side of the bathroom door. "Two minutes, asshole!" There was another pause before she spoke again, "God they're so annoying sometimes," she whispered, "Guess my minute is up. I should probably go."