"Well, where are we going?"

He took my hand gently and started walking, "Well, I realized you weren't comfortable getting in my car so I thought we could take a walk if you're up for it. Also, I know you're probably hungry so we can go eat something"

I wanted to smile at how thoughtful he was. He wanted me to feel comfortable and I wasn't used to that.

"I don't have any money on me" I said.

"I do"

"I don't want to use your money"

He sighed, "It's okay, you don't need to feel bad about it"

It seemed like he was holding back from saying something else. I appreciated that. He was trying to be calm and I liked that. I knew I could be annoying sometimes.

"Okay" I mumbled.

He turned to me and gave me a subtle smile, "See, that wasn't that hard"

"Whatever"

"I know a place near by where we can get something to eat. Let's go"

_________

"Did you like the food?" He asked while walking.

"Yes, I'll give you that. It was really good"

"So you don't hate me now?" He asked.

I frowned, "Who said I hated you?"

"You just seem really annoyed by my presence"

"Well I was just confused about you and the way we met doesn't really make it easier"

"About that..." He started.

I prepared myself for this conversation. Would he ask me what I was doing there? I didn't know if I was ready to share all that information with him.

"I just want to know that you're okay and that you can handle it. You don't have to tell me the reason, or the full story. I just want to know if you're okay. If it's something too bad I can help, I promise"

I couldn't help but smile this time. I appreciated the fact that he didn't push me to tell him the full truth. I had misunderstood him. He really did seem like a decent guy.

"I am okay, yes. I've been handling it okay so far. I'll let you know if I need anything though" I said.

"Thank you" He said letting out a sigh of relief.

"And please don't think I hate you. It's true that I had mixed feelings about you, but you seem-nice"

When I looked a him he seemed to be in thought. I wanted to stay serious, but his face was so funny and I let out a chuckle.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "What are you laughing at?" He asked.

"Your face" I said laughing a little harder.

"What's so funny about my face?"

He seemed so offended and clueless and I kept laughing. I saw him fighting back a smile until he finally gave in and his big lips stretched into a beautiful one.

"At least I got you to laugh" He said.

Just then my phone rang and I stopped walking and took it out to see who it was.

"Tessa! Where have you been? You didn't tell me you'd go out after school" My dad said.

Oh fuck. I forgot.

"I'm sorry, dad. I'm out with a friend. I'll be home in a bit" I said.

"Don't worry about it and have fun. I just wanted to check on you" He said.

I smiled, "Thanks dad. See you in a bit, bye!" I said and ended the call.

"I'll walk you home" Leo said.

"But, your car-"

"It's okay. I'll have a friend take it back to my apartment"

"You really don't have to do that. I can walk alone just fine" 

The truth was, I wanted to spend more time with him and the fact that he offered to walk me back was really sweet of him, but I didn't want him to do all that for me.

"Maybe I just want to spend a little more time with you" He said, "And don't worry I'll leave just before we reach your house so your dad doesn't see me"

"Okay"

________

"Well, goodbye and thank you for the food and all" I said.

"Do you think you'll want to hang out with me again?" He asked shifting on his feet.

"Of course"

"See you, Tessa. Now go"

I waved goodbye and walked to my house but I knew he was watching me. He wanted to see me get inside before leaving.

I opened the door and was greeted by my dad who was in the living room, "Hi honey, did you have fun?" He asked.

"Yes" I said taking off my shoes.

"Who were you with? Jane and Serenity?" He asked, I hummed in reply, "Interesting. Because I called Jane's mother and asked her if Jane was home to see if she was with you or not"

Uh-uh

"Well I-"

He cut me off by laughing, "It's okay, honey. As long as you're not in danger"

Little do you know.

"Thank you dad" I smiled at him.

I might not have a mom but my dad makes sure to be the best for me and my sisters.

"Did you eat?"

"Yes. I'll go upstairs to my room to study now, if you don't mind" I said already going up the stairs.

"Of course" He mumbled.

"Tessa!" one of my little sisters, Carol,  yelled when she saw me.

"Hi baby!" I said and picked her up.

I haven't been able to spend time with them ever since the trouble I got myself into three years ago became worse.

"I missed you" She said hugging me.

"I missed you too"

"You never play with us anymore" She said pouting.

"Don't worry I'm doing all I can so I can start playing with you again! And when I'm done we'll have all the time in the wold to play!" I said.

I felt bad. Her sad face really made me feel guilty. I was doing it all for them, but had to protect myself. They'd already lost mom. They couldn't lose their sister too.

Maybe I should talk to Leo about this after all.