Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

She's sprawled on the luxurious bed, flipping absently through what looks like the most ancient copy of a Vogue magazine she could have gotten her hands on in this house. She looks up when I come in, closing the door slowly behind me, and sends me a curious look, quickly followed by a tired smile. She sits up and leans back on her elbows, eyeing me with worry. 

"Are you okay?" She asks with curious worry.

-I'm fine." I reply, suddenly charging towards her and landing on the bouncy bed. "Where's Chase?"

-He's out with Hunter and Caleb.

-Good.

-Good?" She asks, and I continue nodding frantically. She seems to finally understand my excitement and her own mood lights up. "What's going on?"

-I'm going on a date with Jay!" I exclaim, leaning on my hands and dangling my legs up in the air behind me with excitement. She looks seriously puzzled for a moment, while I struggle to keep my patience. But I feel like a balloon that's about to pop from the waiting that it takes her to understand. 

-Aren't vampires a bit too old-fashioned for actual modern dating?" She asks, honestly curious. 

-That's exactly what I said. 

-How old is he anyway?" She presses, a small smile tugging at her lips. I stop bouncing and frown with confusion. I hadn't thought about that. I guess I thought he would be around my age,  sixteen, but that wouldn't make much sense since he's a vampire and has obviously lived for many years - maybe even centuries - before I was even born. The thought makes me shiver a bit, but then his perfect and youthful face flashes in my mind and I my insides melt. Oh well, mature men are my cup of tea anyway. 

"I actually don't know." I state, another question appearing, "How old is Chase?" 

-Let's just say that he's older than your great-great-great grandfather." She replies smugly, attempting to place some creepy suspense in the air around us. I burst out with uncontrollable laughter. 

-You're dating a grandpa!" I wheeze in between giggles and I am quickly granted with a round of horrible tickles. She has me pinned down to the bed and starts tickling me torturously on my sides, my biggest weakness of all. "Stop! Stop!" I breathe out, but she continues, laughing herself with a malicious grin on her face. 

"Isn't it funny though?" tickle, "That," tickle, "Chase told me," tickle, "that Hunter," tickle, "Turned," tickle, "Jay," tickle, "first?" no more tickles. She sits back and brushes of invisible dust, chuckling at my sudden shocked expression. "Yup" She adds, popping the P. "I'm pretty sure you're the one dating a grandpa. A very hot one actually. Just add the beard and the cane and you'd have yourself your very own sugar daddy!" She falls back and laughs hysterically when I grab the nearest pillow and throw it as hard as I can at her face. It's just too soft. Everything in here is annoyingly soft and luxurious! 

"Oh shut up. I came to ask for your help, so don't make me regret it." I mutter, sitting up straight. I immediately have her attention back. 

"Girl, I'm gonna make you so hot that I'd have to come after him with a stake to make him keep his eyes and hands off of you!" She exclaims with excitement. At my sudden delighted smile she frowns and calms a bit down. "Actually, maybe not to much hands would be nice." 

She immediately pushes me towards the vanity and begins her torture on my poor being. After two whole hours of painful twisting and turning, pulling and spraying, I finally manage to exhale in relief when Alice's high-pitched "Done!" resonates through the room. 

"Sooo..." She begins, guiding me towards the mirror. "Where's he taking you?" 

"I don't know... He just said that it was somewhere fancy and -" I stop mid-sentence. The girl starring back at me from the mirror with the same incredulous expression is not me. 

"You look smoking hot!" She squeals quickly to avoid any second thoughts from my part, hurrying around me and giving the last finishing touches here and there. Finally noticing my quiet self, she stops and pouts, placing her hands on her hips. 

"You don't like it?"

-I -I love it..." I manage to say, and she squeaks again, giggling loudly. 

"This was soooo fun!" She answers back happily, clapping her hand. I just nod, not detaching my gaze from the mirror for one second. The thing is, Alice has actually managed to make me pretty. But then pretty would be an understatement. I've never felt so out of place. This isn't who I usually am. The girl in the mirror is someone else, maybe my identical twin... I twirl around but sigh when she mimicks me. I'm being so stupid. But then again, I've never felt so - so beautiful.  

Alice has given me one of her old dresses that she used for dates herself: it's a heart-cut, no-sleeved, golden lace-busted dress, with a slightly puffy white skirt that stops above the knees. She's paired it with a pair of golden heels that make my legs look so much longer. My hair has been curled into natural-looking golden waves that bounce and fall elegantly down my back. The light smoky eyes make both completely different colours of my eyes pop and the lipgloss that she found in Lily's bag (don't ask, she only had lipstick for some reason) created a soft, sensual look to my otherwise frail lips. She hurried to put it back in Lily's bag where she found it from fear of losing a limb. 

And by judging Jay's stunned expression when I step into the hall affirms my suspicions. When his lips tug upwards into his signature smirk, I feel my knees weakening and hurry as fast as my heels would allow it over to his side, placing a hand in the crook of his bent arm. "Shall we?" He asks seductively in a very proper English accent that makes me restrain a giggle. "We shall." I confirm, and he leads me out into the night.

...°...

THERE YOU GOOOOO!!! BE PREPARED! Just enjoy the time that they spend like a normal, cute couple. Cause things are about to go down! ;) Please Vote so this story can get RANKED. 

Love you, love you, love you my wonderful readers! 

-Sophia, xoxo