105. Reality is the nightmare of my dreams

Comenzar desde el principio

- Don't do this to yourself. I don't know what they said to you back there, but don't do this. You're beautiful, Gillian, I whisper as we look at each other in the mirror. I watch her lowering her eyes as she brings her left hand up to hold onto the back of my neck. It's her way to thank me and to hold me close to her. Do you want us to do something today? We could take Meryll in the streets of the French Quarter? She never saw it, I propose, hoping she would accept to go out with our kid. She needs to change her mind a little bit...

- Why not... It's not like we're busy anyway, she responds before turning around to face me. I keep my arms around her, nodding positively. Her skin is so soft...

- Gillian, if you want to talk... I begin to say with a gentle tone.

- I'm not ready, she immediately replies, interrupting me.

- I know. But if you want to talk about it to someone else than me first, I'll understand. If you feel more comfortable talking to Nik or Rebekah or even Elijah, than do it, I tell her seriously and sincerely, caring about her emotions and well-being first. Gillian lightly titles her head on the side as she stares at me.

- But you're my fiancé, it's to you that I should talk, she says with a reminding tone.

- I know and I agree. But your well-being is more important than our status as a couple. I just want you to be well and to feel comfortable again, I gently answer with the same serious and sincere tone. Suddenly, she gets on her tip toes, places her left hand on my cheek and kisses the other one. I smile to her loving gesture.

- I love you, she tells me with love.

- I love you, too, Darling, I reply with just as much of love as she gave me. The two of us crack a soft smile before I lean forward and kiss her lips. They're so sweet... Gillian pulls away and starts walking towards the shower.

- You coming? She asks me before turning the water on, letting it rain on her body. I smile and start taking off my clothes...

Elena's P.O.V.

From on a top of a table, I see Jeremy bringing drinks to Caroline, Bonnie, and Matt. All five of us are having one of the best time of our lives! We're in a bar, completely crowded by people wanting to have fun and nothing more. It's so noisy, the music is blasting in the area, people are dancing and jumping around to the rhythm of the songs... It's just... Freedom!! A crowd of people stand around and cheer loudly, holding their shot of Tequila in the air. Laughing joyfully, I dance on top of the table. I whip my hair, I swing my hips... I just enjoy my life again.

- What is she doing? I hear Bonnie asking to our friends. I know her voice was faint because of the crowd, but I still recognized it. She's my best friend, I would recognize her voice anywhere.

Having fun, obviously! Responds, Caroline, while giggling.

About time, too, replies, Matt, before he hollers across the bar to get my attention. Take it off! He yells at me with a cheerful tone. I laugh and nod before starting to pull one of my shirts off. I am now standing in a tank-top, in a middle of a crowd, on top of a bar. Holding it in my hand, I fling it around and toss my shirt to Matt with flirty and playful eyes. God, I feel alive again! I. Love. It!

- Jeremy, come on! I say to my brother as I motion him to come over to me. My baby brother approaches me with a smile and hands me a shot-glass. To friends! I say cheerfully, raising my shot to toast.

- To friends! They all scream in unison, toasting with me. I laugh and was about to drink my shot when I stare at my friends. They seem to all enjoy themselves and the alcohol... They look happy, like nothing is bothering or happening right now. But there is... There's a problem and they don't see it... Frustrated, I stare at my friends, still holding the full shot-glass.