"Bye Luca see you tomorrow." He stood beside me clinging to me as she walked to her car. The old car reversed out of the driveway and into the street. I stared at the car for a few seconds as it got smaller and smaller out of sight. Maybe she should use the minivan, it's in Luca and her's best interest. I nodded as I agreed with myself.

I'm glad Luca had a mother figure in his life, even though it is a nanny it's still the closest thing that he'll have to a mother.

The week flew by, I was mostly working late.

Thankfully I have weekends off and I could spend them with Luca. Currently, we were sitting at the breakfast island, he was in his dinosaur pajamas and me in my boxers.

I looked at my bare cupboards and fridge. I was so busy lately that I didn't notice I was running out of stock, last night was our pizza night since I came home early and I only now noticed.

"Well big guy, we have to do some shopping if I want to feed you, so we can eat breakfast at a diner this morning and then some grocery shopping." He looked at me excited then scurried away, I guess he understood he needed to get dressed.

Sometimes he's very adept to listening to me and sometimes not so much. I changed into jeans and a t-shirt with some shoes, I ruffled my hair around, gelling it back slightly. Luca came to my room after he was changed. I looked at him as he was holding his teddy, he was so small still. I just picked him up, hugging him while I swung him around. He giggled as I did, I set him down feeling a bit out of breath.

"Did you brush your teeth?" He shook his head.

"Well, I haven't either so let's get to it." At the double sinks in my room, he and I stood side by side brushing away. The only way I get him to remember to brush his teeth is if I do it with him.

I drove to the nearest diner. It was a cozy place with light brown walls and dim lights emanating the retro orange booths and wood tables. A waiter greeted us when we took a seat at the booth beside the window.

Luca ordered a big stack of pancakes and since he wasn't going to be able to finish that I just ordered a toast and an egg. Some females were looking at Luca and I intently-women have always been intrigued by me. Italian, dark and somewhat handsome. They swarm to me, but because of Luca, I don't return the sentiment.

I need to start dating again since Luca needs a more permanent mother figure and I for one need someone to love (and you know..sex). Our order came along with my strong coffee and his thick chocolate milkshake. It looked divine, really divine. I sipped on my coffee looking around the room at people minding their own business. My eyes landed on a woman.

I kept my eyes on her, she turned to the side looking at the menu, it was Heather. I frowned, there was a guy sitting in front of her, blonde, blue-eyed. Probably her boyfriend. I studied them intently while he smiled at her, she smiled back and a blush rose on her face as he touched her drawing circles on her palm. She bit her lip at this gesture, he leaned in to kiss her and that's when I looked away.

I kept my gaze on Luca as he drew a picture with the syrup on his pancakes, making a messy pile on top. I felt a pang in my stomach, it was clear I was attracted to her. Physical attraction, that's all it is.

I need to date, six sex-less years. I really, really need to date. I had to stop feeling like this, she's a beautiful woman but for one she has a boyfriend, secondly, I was just sexually frustrated so it was bound to happen when a beautiful woman was in my vicinity.

After breakfast which was me mostly eating the pancakes Luca had left that he whined he couldn't eat more, we headed to the grocery store. Luca was happily hopping around as I picked up a few things. He was sneakily trying to put some candy into the trolley, I saw him but I didn't say anything. He and I had the same sweet tooth and a big appetite.

We finished our shopping trip. Just as I was about to get into my seat after buckling Luca, my phone rang.

"Gabriele, when will you be home?" My mother asked. I heard a hint of excitement in her voice. She has something planned. That's my meddling mother for you.

"In a few minutes, I'm at the store. Should I be worried?"

"No...no of course not." Her singsong tone of voice told me that I have to be. She said goodbye in a rush. Not good.

"I sometimes wonder how I am so normal and your grandma is so strange, I guessed it skips a generation." Luca looked at me, I looked at him and realized what I've just said.

"Buddy, I think you've been skipped too." I chuckled and Luca laughed. I stopped at home. Luca helped me by carrying lighter bags into the house. I trailed behind with the heavier load. Just as I closed the trunk, my mother's small car came through my gate. Luca had a bag in his hand walking beside me.

"The devil has arrived I see." My mother parked and walked to us, we walked inside placing the bags on the counter.

He greeted his grandmother and ran upstairs to get his toy soldiers. I think he sensed something was about to happen and retreated, that's my boy.

"So I wanted to tell you that...Blaire is back in town." I sighed. Blaire was one of my mother's friends' daughters. She's been trying to set us up for the last year but I always sternly decline. I gave her an annoyed look.

"No, I appreciate it, but...I can't date someone." Lie, I needed to date someone. I was getting lonely and frustrated, it was time.

"Gabriele, you have some time off over weekends now and a nanny. I can see you need someone." She gave me a pleading look, with a sigh, I just shook my head.

"I'll think about it, maybe not Blaire. I can very well get a woman on my own." She snorted unladylike, here it comes..

"Mmh really? You don't make such good choices when it comes to women-just look at what happened with you and Clare." That name alone made my blood boil.

"That was six years ago!" I screamed but then lowered my voice since Luca is upstairs.

"Fine, have it your way I'm only trying to help." She said goodbye and sauntered off, she knows Clara is a touchy subject. I slumped down on the couch with my hands in my hair frustrated.

It felt right to start dating again. I felt my heart drop to my stomach just thinking about getting in the game again. When I was younger I was a Casanova but I lost my edge.

Maybe just one date.

A/N Next chapter is a Heather Pov yeah!  There's a little trouble in paradise.