Chapter Eighteen

~A/N~

I'm supposed to be studying for my chemistry test tomorrow, buuuuut I HAD to post a chapter bc I got WAAAY more votes than I expected! And this story was at 7andsomething reads and now it has 1,139! I'm seriously so happy, you have no idea! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I felt... good for once.

Kate dragged me to the section of the store with heels and all kinds of stilettos and any other fancy shoes you can imagine.

"Silver heels will go really well with your dress!" She was so excited to pick out clothing for me. I was like her human doll.

"Whatever you say!" I laughed.

I tried on many different kinds of silver heels until my feet hurt and were almost an identical shade of my dress.

What can I say, I'm very picky about what I wear.

"Maybe we can find shoes another day..."

"No!" She said wide eyed and handed me a pair of sparkly silver pumps.

I slid my feet into them.

Not too uncomfortable, a little high, but I can manage.

I walked over to the full length mirror and stared at my feet.

I twisted and turned in all different directions, very pleased with what I saw.

"I really like them." I smiled.

"Yay!" Kate said and grabbed the box to place the shoes inside.

She carried my dress and shoes to the counter for me.

The woman behind the counter rang up each item.

"Your total is $336.98." She stated.

(***sorry it's in dollars LOL!***)

Wow. That's a lot...

Kate handed the lady a card, which she swiped through a machine. She payed the remaining price and was handed a bag with our purchases in them.

"Why did you pay for it?!" I asked feeling extremely guilty.

"It's no big deal, consider it part of your birthday present." She smiled.

I just wanted to hug her. I couldn't be more thankful.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed. Now it was my turn to be the excited one.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Kate's P.O.V:*

Julia and I went back to her flat.

We just sat around and did nothing.

It was a hot, summer afternoon, what else could we do?

I painted her nails red to match her dress.

We laid sprawled out on her couches waiting for her nails to dry.

"I'm so tired." She yawned.

When isn't she tired?

"Of course you are." I laughed.

I watched as her eyes close and she drifted off to sleep.

Now was my perfect timing.

I was planning on throwing her a surprise party for her birthday. I can't have it at my house and there's no way I can do it here without her knowing. Remembering that Niall is her neighbor, I swiped her phone from the table next to the couch.