"Peter are you okay?" He whispered. Lucas saw him on the phone and walked over. "Who's that?" He asked. Before he could get an answer, Liz came over and snatched the phone out of Ned's hands.

"Peter is that you?" She asked. Lucas raised an eyebrow. Was he back in D.C. yet? "You freak! You are so lucky we won. You know, I want to be mad, but I'm more worried. Are you okay?"

As they moved along in the line, they reached the metal detectors and conveyor belts that allowed personal items to go through and x-ray machine. "Miss, all items on the belt please." Liz did as she was told and Lucas put his belongings on the belt after her.

Behind him he heard Flash ask if he could tell Peter he was expelled. Lucas didn't think Peter would get expelled for missing the decathlon but Peter had been acting sketchy lately so he probably could.

As they climbed into the elevator and ascended the monument, the tour guide spouted out facts. "The Washington Monument is 555 feet, 5 and 1/8 inches tall. Notice how the marble and granite are cut around the stone?" Her monotone voice made it abundantly clear that she would rather be anywhere else than here.

Suddenly a bright purple light erupted from Ned's backpack and broke the glass above them. "Did you hear that?" The tour guide asked skeptically. Lucas looked around and noticed Ned's bag smoking. "Ned!"

The Filipino boy dropped his bag as Charles pointed out that the ceiling was cracking. Panic ensued and the adults tried to keep everyone calm.

Down on the ground, Peter made it to the Washington Monument just in time to see the tip of the building crack. "No, no, no, no, no, no." He panicked. "Karen, what's going on up there?" He asked the AI in his suit.

"The Chitari core has detonated and caused severe structural damage to the elevator." The voice informed him. "Oh no." He muttered.

"Our friends are up there!" Michelle exclaimed as she saw the web slinger. She and Lila had saw the explosion and were quickly filled with worry.

"What?!" Peter exclaimed before trying to calm himself. "Um, don't worry, ma'am. Everything's gonna be okay." He quickly ran through the crowd to the base of the building. Lila furrowed her brows.

1. Why was Spider-Man in Washington D.C.?
2. Why did he sound like her brother?

Lila's eyes widened in shock before looking back at the building. "No way..." she trailed off. "Are you kidding me?!"

🪴🪴🪴
The park rangers opened the doors to the elevator shaft and as the tour guide with the group opened the hatch on the ceiling of the elevator car. Soon, they began to pull everyone out, Cindy being first. "Let's go. Give me your hand."

Next was Abe and Charles. Mr. Harrington decided that the kids should go first. Lucas was helping him boost everyone up to grab the park rangers' hands. "Who's next?" He asked, trying not to panic himself.

Lucas wasn't a fan of small spaces and said small space was nearly destroyed, so to say he was two shakes of the elevator away from having a panic attack was an understatement.

Liz grabbed his shoulder and he prepared to lift her up, but Flash pushed her out of the way with the trophy in his hand. Lucas groaned as his shoulder hit the wall. "Me! It's my turn!" Flash said hurriedly.

"Flash, seriously?" Ned said.

"You're like the guy from Titanic." Lucas muttered as he helped lift the boy up. They struggled as Flash refused to let go of the trophy. "Don't worry about the trophy." Cindy begged.

As Flash climbed through the hatch, the elevator began to shake causing Liz to grip Lucas' arm in fear and panic. The boy steadied himself before looking at Ned in alarm.