Chapter 3

Lila was currently in her room sitting at her keyboard playing a random tune as she FaceTimed Lucas. He was explaining what was going on at the Avengers Compound and briefly expressed his concern for his father after the conversation with Charlie Spencer's mother.

"This is insane, Li. Secretary Ross expects the Avengers to be government controlled. What if something like New York happened again and they refuse to let the team help. Can you believe my dad agrees with this?" Lucas scoffed.

Lila paused her playing to focus on Lucas, who was pouting as he laid his head on his folded arms. The young Stark was currently lying on his stomach on his bed with the phone propped up by a pillow.

"They just don't want any more people to get hurt. Not everyone sees the Avengers as heroes." Lila wasn't exactly sure she would let the government control her every move, but she wasn't guilt-ridden and didn't carry the weight of the world on her shoulders like Tony Stark. She understood why he agreed.

"What happened in Lagos was an accident, Sweets." Lucas defended Wanda. She would never purposefully hurt someone.

Lucas and Wanda's relationship was that of a sibling bond. They would binge-watch movie sagas and tv shows. They'd play board games with Vision and Lucas had started to notice how close they were. Wanda was teaching Lucas how to cook Sokovian meals and Lucas taught her how to play the bass guitar. She was his sister and he would defend her to the very end.

"I know, Lucas, but like I said, not everyone sees it that way."

Lucas was about to respond but a knock on his bedroom door stopped him. "Come in." He said.

The door opened to reveal Lucas' second favorite person, Natasha Romanoff (Lila is his number one favorite person, obviously). The fiery red head leaned against the door and softly smiled at her nephew. "Hey, kiddo. Can we talk?"

"Uh, sure," Lucas nodded his head before turning back to his phone, "Li, I have to go. Nat's here. I'll text you later, yeah?"

Lila nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I have physical therapy in a hour, anyway. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, Tuts. Also hi, Ms. Romanoff!"

Lila had met the infamous Black Widow many times, and it's fair to say that she was her favorite Avenger. Lucas hated that they liked each other because they liked to pick on him any chance they got.

"Hi, Lila! And you know you can call me Nat." Nat leaned into view of the camera and waved to the teenager.

"Yeah, I know." Lila shrugged and waved back before hanging up.

The Parker girl went back to playing the piano until May said it was time to go. Physical therapy was supposed to help Lila get better at walking without having to rely on her crutch all the time. It was frustrating when she kept falling but her therapist, Dr. Bennett, reminded her that she won't get better over night. It's takes time.

As they rode the subway, Lila's thoughts couldn't help but drift to a certain golden-eyed boy. Lucas had been on her mind a lot more than usual recently and she didn't know why. Gwen said it was because she liked him, but that's impossible.

Lucas and Lila were friends. Best friends. He couldn't have liked her and she couldn't have liked him. It would be too weird. Besides, they were only fourteen. It's too early to have a boyfriend.

Lila's thoughts then drifted to her brother. Peter had been busy, lately. He was always coming home late and it worried Lila and May. When they confronted him, Peter said he was just helping Mr. Delmar at his shop for a couple of hours.

Lila didn't believe him. Peter was always a terrible liar. She hoped her brother would just tell her what was going on with him, but it seemed like she would have to find out on her own.

🪴🪴🪴
Natasha and Lucas were currently on the roof lying on their backs as they stared at the clouds as they passed by. They had been in that position for thirty minutes and neither had opened their mouths. Nat saw how stressed Lucas had been and figured that cloud watching would take his mind off of things for a while.

Lucas' eyes eventually closed as he relaxed. There had been so much on his mind in the past two days, he's just happy he can find peace.

"So...Have you told Lila you like her?"

Lucas' eyes shot open. He did not like Lila. At least not like that. "I don't have feelings for Lila, Nat."

"Sure you do. You guys even have nicknames for each other. She's always at your house and I'm pretty sure you're making the phone bill skyrocket with how much you guys talk to each other." Nat had been trying to get the two to realize their feelings for the each other but they always denied it.

Lucas blushed. "Friends have nicknames for their friends. Friends also go over their friend's house and they always talk on the phone. We're just friends, okay? Friends." Lucas wasn't sure if he was reassuring Nat or himself.

The ex-assassin just shook her head and smiled. "Whatever you say, Tuts."

"Shut up!"

The duo laughed before Lucas' smile fell and his thoughts consumed him once again.

"Nat?"

"Yes?"

"Are you going to sign the Accords?"

Natasha's smile fell. She took a moment to answer before looking over at her nephew. He was staring patiently at her, waiting for her reply.

"I have a lot of red in my ledger, Luke. I don't want to add any more." Natasha Romanoff had so much blood on her hands and she had been trying her best to wash them clean. That's the reason she joined SHIELD and the Avengers. To right her wrongs. Lately, it seemed they had been doing a lot more harm than good.

Lucas smiled sadly at his aunt. She and his dad had a lot of guilt buried deep down and it was resurfacing again. "You and Dad have a lot more in common than you realize."

"Hmm. He was surprised when I agreed with him."

"I mean, it's a rare occurrence."

Natasha laughed.

AUTHORS NOTE
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'll probably put another one up later today. Comment and vote. Let me know what you think of Lucas and Nat's relationship.

Also yesterday's episode of WandaVision was wild! I'm excited to see where it's going.