"Trevor died. He deserves to be set free. By doing that we will have a funeral for him to say our farewells. So you can say your farewells and be in peace". I said in a calm manner. She didn't seem to be so fond of the idea. More angry that I even brought it to her attention.

"I didn't ask for a funeral. How would burning my mate's body be at peace? How letting his ashes float through the river be at peace?

How would you know If I even wanted a funeral in the first place? And why is Jayce here? He doesn't belong here and he never will.

Jayce was rooting for me to die. While carrying his niece or nephew that he will never ever meet. So if you don't get him off my territory"- she came up and got right in my face. "I will and if I do it, he will end up just like my father".

After saying that, she walked off back in the forest. Nora followed behind her but first warned me. "Get Jayce out of here now". Then she ran after Iris.

Nora

Watching from the crowd, I was watching as Iris got upset. She didn't like the funeral Idea. I knew she wouldn't go for it too. I mean, did anyone really expect her to just hand him over. It was her mate. I knew she loved Royce but he doesn't know how that feels.

He never got emotionally connected to anyone but Iris and their relationship was like a Triangle. It went around and around. Always hitting corners, never being able to spit away. It was a continuing love and that always had problems. He couldn't possibly understand how she felt.

When he mentioned Jayce, I was like "You fucked up there buddy". He shouldn't have mentioned Jayce. Now she wanted to kill him.

Honestly, she didn't care for anything he was saying right now. I highly doubt she even cared for him at that moment.

She walked off and I took off after her but first warned Royce to listen to what she said. Don't try her on this day. Especially not now.

You may be "Immune" to her anger, but I doubt anyone was on this day. Except me who was a person who could die & keep coming back to life.

Silently following behind her, I was just wondering how much pain she is feeling. I feel bad because now he would never meet his child. It honestly wasn't fair.

He was gone for a few weeks to get himself together and now he's gone. For good this time. When she first saw him again she ran into his arms.

Crying her tears out. Whether Iris knew or not, she loved Trevor. She would make little jokes about the moon goddess messing up with putting them as mates.

She took it seriously too. She always thought she would be breaking his heart her entire life because she loved Royce and not Trevor.

Her love was always there. It was just all the way at the bottom. Suddenly losing him made all of it surface. When Trevor was gone for weeks and no one knew where, after she told me she was pregnant, she used to tell me how she missed him. How she wanted him to be there throughout the whole pregnancy ride.

She wanted him to do pregnancy activities and feel his rubs on her stomach and watch her stomach grow together. It was almost as if she forgot about Royce.

But when she gets in Royce's presence, everything is gone. Anything she said about Trevor was gone. Like it never existed.

I didn't want to walk next to her because I didn't know which Iris I would get. I could have the nice Iris who has a lot of love for me.

I could have the mean Iris who isn't feeling murderous or I could have the straight up murderous Iris.

She didn't want to be bothered, so I never bothered her. Just walked behind her in the distance.