A Wolf Relative

A wolf Relative 

Klaus finally restored his Kingdom. His own home became his once again. Listening to Marcel about how loyalty was the main key to assure his grasp fist on the whole situation and on Marcel's vampires that were now his, he asked all of them for a meeting, a lunch invitation and asked all to attend so he would offer them the new terms of his new rule, new regime. 

Marcel was hesitant, at the beginning, whether to attend it and accept his terms or not but Rebekah convinced him that it was a necessity to do so if he wanted to regain his trust after what he had plotted against him. They met secretly at the garden of the church and had a brief chitchat about it.  

Rebekah: You can't afford your wounded pride. With Klaus in control of your empire, you need to give him what he craves most: loyalty. Or, at least, the illusion of it. 

Marcel"unconvinced": I ambushed him, tried to bury him alive. He's not gonna trust me. 

Rebekah: He will, because he wants your allegiance. Speaking from my experience, I know that if you play the part, all is forgiven. But, if you give him any reason to doubt you, he will strike back. 

Rebekah"looking at him passionately": Make me a promise, Marcel. You will do whatever it takes to stay alive. 

And reluctantly Marcel accepted her opinion and attended the meeting when a large eating table was placed in the large hall of the castle, Klaus's new ripped empire from Marcel, and Marcel managed to persuade all his men to attend the meeting some under the effect of keeping themselves safe from Klaus's grudges and others accepted it under the terms of it just being a camouflaged agreement, a faked reconciliation, just to give the chance for rearrangement once more and restore everything back but none of them was willing to believe any of Klaus's words and none did trust his deeds.  

The table was filled with all kind of foods especially their own favorite, blood.  

Klaus"who was sitting at the head of the table, stood up to a give a speech": Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine. Insatiable need, exquisite pain... 

Then he gestured to those waiters and waitresses who were standing by the table, who had served them all those kinds of delicious plates, and all of them just bared their wrists and cut their veins with knives they had in their hands and each wrist directed its shed blood into a glass placed at the side of each of the attendants and then Klaus began to discuss his terms with them. 

Klaus"raising his own glass filled with blood": To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow... 

Marcel"lifting his glass up and faking allegiance":..and the party never end! 

Diego who had been hardly convinced by Marcel to follow Klaus also raised his glass.  

Diego: To New Orleans. 

Klaus: To New Orleans! 

Everyone"but with no enthusiasm": New Orleans. 

Klaus"still holding his glass": I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires. 

Diego"pointing at Hayley who was sitting, totally silent but highly concerned, opposite to Klaus at the other head of the table": What about her? The wolf.