Restoring the Kingdom: The Needle of Sorrows

Chapter Two 

Restoring the Kingdom 

The Needle of Sorrows 

What had happened to Elijah by Klaus; pushing a dagger into the heart was neither forgettable nor forgiven but Elijah had always learned how to come over his brother's disgraceful acts and ugly betrayals over the whole course of his life for all the thousand years he had been living. 

And at that moment his plan for the witches was still at the top of his mind's list. He began thinking on how to teach them a terrible lesson after what they had tried to do to Hayley and her child perhaps he should have to start with Agnes, their own elder, or perhaps Sophie, the one he began seeing as the highly potenial danger on all of them or perhaps the answer would start from Davina. 

Rebekah was with her brothers in the hall. She was keeping an eye on both of them. Elijah was holding Esther's grimoires, his mother's spell book in which she had preserved all of her magical tricks and witchy spells before her death. For a vampire, like himself, it didn't mean alot; he could never be able to use any of it because simply a vampire; an abomination of nature, couldn't practice magic despite his witchy side from his day one on earth thanks to his mother who had been one and that went not only for him but for all his other sibling except for Niklaus who was only a werewolf carrying that gene from his father's side but that didn't mean for Elijah that the book was useless he was working on making it useful in his upcoming fight with the witches even with being himself unable to practice magic. 

While on the same hall on the other side on the couch, Klaus was holding a poetry book and it was opened on a page which Rebekah saw clearly and she also knew well the poem on that page which was a poem called"A Poison Tree". 

I was angry with my friend 

I told my wrath, my wrath did end. 

I was angry with my foe 

I told it not, my wrath did grow 

And I watered it in fears, 

Night and morning with my tears; 

And I sunned it with smiles, 

And with soft deceitful wiles. 

And it grew both day and night, 

'Til it bore an apple bright. 

And my foe beheld it shine. 

And he knew that it was mine, 

At those words, Klaus raised an eye on his brother who was busy looking at the grimoire in his hands and then to Hayley who was passing through the corridor by the hall. Rebekah noticed it thoroughly but made no comment. 

She could understand each of her brothers without them even speaking, spending a thousand years with someone is more than enough to understand them even from a glance or a slight gesture. 

The glance on Klaus's face as he looked to his brother then to Hayley showed a lot of blame, fear and even jealousy. She noticed it well and felt a new storm between her dear brothers was about to knock the doors so soon triggered by any catalyst that could inflame her brother Klaus in no time. 

So she tried to demulce the charged conditions that almost filled the air within the place thus she interrupted their reading. 

Rebekah: Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone's worried about impending daddyhood. 

Klaus"left the book and shoke his head": Nonsense. Elijah's back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie-dust and float away! 

Elijah"left the grimoire and got his legs crossed then turned to Klaus": Strange, I don't recall any pixie-dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure.