Attacking the young witch

Klaus abusion for the naive Cami extended to more than just using her as a spy on Marcel. 

It extended more and more to reach a level of using her as his stenographer to record his own life story or at least that was what he claimed although his true intentions appeared to be more than just using her for that simple deed. 

He was highly aware of the psychology masters she had as Marcel had told him before so as a matter of fact she was more than just an ordinary stenographer for him. 

Of course after Hayley words "he was kind to me" he seeked someone to hear him, listen to his words that came right from his long injured soul and that as a matter of fact was because he knew Cami would never tell anyone about anything she would hear from him as it was out of her control. 

he compelled her to be his stenographer and that meant the girl had no real will to accept or refuse she only had to obey. 

Klaus in his room in the palace with his back to Cami who was sitting on his desk with a typewriter to record his words. And as his back was towards the compelled stenographer his eyes were looking at a painting he had drewn which was a painting of a face of a human being who was bold, closed eyed but that didn't hide sadness and loneliness appeared clear on his face. 

As he was doing so he started talking to Cami as she recorded. 

Klaus : Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants? To satisfy hunger, even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world. 

Cami"stood up and approached him": No offense, but I'm not sure I follow why you've invited me here. 

Klaus"cheerfully": Because I enjoy your company.  

And then with a sad look he resumed:And I sense that you have the capacity for understanding someone of my... complexity.  

He as walking through the room speaking in fury: You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her-he thought it might redeem me.  

Then with a calm voice:Trouble is, I've since learned of another young woman-a girl, really, one with vast potential-held in captivity by a tyrant. I want to help both of these women-protect one and free the other.  

Then he approached her and stared at her eyes: So, tell me, Cami-does that sound evil to you? 

Cami"talking kindly": I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone. Professionally. 

Klaus: I think I prefer to talk to you. So, I'm going to offer you a job, as my stenographer. 

Cami"the compelled Cami only obeyed": Okay, what are we writing?  

Klaus: My memoirs, of course. Someone should know my story. And it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects, like your handsome suitor, Marcel. 

Cami: Excuse me? My private life is- 

Klaus"interrupting": Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans.  

Then he walked to the end of the room away from her: You see, Marcel wants you. And, because of that, he will trust you, which serves me.  

He paused for a while then continued:The thing is, the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side there's me, and on the other, Marcel.