"I won't skin you alive." The boys shoulders dropped, The Ghoulie Princess had a reputation of carving her victims.

"No death!" I called loudly to the crowd, "Make sure he'll be able to walk to his den on his own."

It's then the group descended on him, fists flying and laughter filling the air at his pain. I couldn't help but feel bad for this boy, for the pain flaring his body.

"Why?" Malachi asked quietly as he stepped up besides me.

"What?" I asked glancing to his side profile.

"You aren't joining." He commented, "And usually you'd offer to drag him home yourself."

I offered a sigh, "I don't feel like dragging him to the boarder."

"You could make anyone do it." He squints, "Why give a snake mercy?"

"Fine." I growled, "You drag the boy home then."

"Happily." My older brother shrugged with a malice filled grin before taking a step towards the Serpent.

He was yelling in pain yet was still trying to fight back, there were seven Ghoulie's above him. All waiting to unfairly get a hit on the defenseless boy.

My hands shook, but not with a desire to inflict pain. I felt guilt.

I tried to remind myself that it was his own fault, that he shouldn't be in this area.

"Stop!" I said loudly watching heads snap to me.

"Why are you even here?" I asked the bleeding teenager as I crouched in front of him.

He spit blood onto the asphalt, "I was walking someone home."

I tilted my head, "Who?"

"I'd rather take the beating." The brunette winced as he spoke.

"Walking a girl home?" I laughed.

"Putting her safety above your own?"

The boy glared at me then which only made me smile a little.

"I think I'll walk the girl home." I spoke to the crowd.

"Get up." I snapped to him once I stood fully.

Once I'd grown tired of watching the teenager struggle to get his grounding I reached down, wrapping my hand around his bicep before violently tugging him to his feet.

"I said get up!" I snapped loudly before shoving him to walk in front of me, wiping my hand on my jeans out of instinct. I was used to blood after touching people I was in contact with.

"What if he was sent to test you?" Malachi voiced from besides me suddenly.

My grip tightened on the boy, "Serpents aren't that smart, Kai."

"Be careful being around Snakes, Sister." Malachi taunted from behind the boy and I, "Might loose a few.. limbs if you aren't careful."

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics before pushing the boy again. I listened to him grumble out what I was sure was insults or sneers at me under his breath as he limped.

The further we got from the Ghoulie circle the more the unending rage seemed to leak out of me. A softness coated me as guilt made it's presence known.

I placed a gentle hand on the boys back as he stumbled, "Stop."

I aided him to a brick wall as he gasped for breath, I could tell he was in pain.

"Just kill me." The Serpent glared at me before tilting his head towards the sky.

"Stop stretching this out." He commanded but it reached my ears as a beg.