42. Reminiscence IV

Start from the beginning

Kim Jaehyun took in this information and numbly nodded his head, his expression looking a bit dazed.

Han Shinwoo seeing this reassuringly said, "Sunbae should get more rest, I'll bring up some food for you later."
(Han Shinwoo's internal monologue: This is it!! This is it! The protagonist has finally woken up! I wonder what kind of power upgrade he got... oh my gosh I can't wait to see it!)

Kim Jaehyun looked around his room for a bit and his eyes landed on Park Haejin.
Somehow seeing her made him feel this inexplicable sense of tiredness.

He'd just been dragged through a whirlwind of not only his most treasured memories but also his worst memories, the last thing he wanted to see right now was someone like Park Haejin who was a part of those memories.

"So, why are you here?" He asked her using a tone of voice that contained no ounce feigned warmth.

Park Haejin stared at him, "we were taking shifts taking care of you and it happens to be my turn."

Kim Jaehyun said nonchalantly, "oh? Are you done avoiding me then? Or did you wait here for me to wake up so you can blame me for everything again in order to clean your conscience?" He sneered.

Park Haejins scowled at him, "why can't you just forget what happened in our realm? I didn't come here to blame you! I came to tell you to let the past go."

Kim Jaehyun sneered, "Forget? Let the past go? As someone who was one of Hyunjin's only and closest friends, you can actually say that? And to me no less?"

Park Haejin shouted in anger, "carry the guilt across a thousand worlds if you want to but I'm not going to! Hyunjin is dead and you can't change that no matter what you do! The things of our former world have already passed and I don't want to remember them!" Park Haejin shouted.

Kim Jaehyun's head was lowered as he got up and took one step towards Park Haejin, "say it again," he mumbled.

Park Haejin felt a familiar sense of dread.

"Say it again," he looked up at her, his angry gaze froze her in place.

Kim Jaehyun's red aura leaked out, filling the whole room. He blocked off the sound so no one outside could hear them.

When Park Haejin didn't speak, Kim Jaehyun snapped, in the span of a second he was right in front of her, he grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against the wall. A slight tremor shook the whole room when he did so.

"Say it again! Say you want to forget Hyunjin! Say it!" Kim Jaehyun's eyes were burning yet he was grinning, suffice to say going through all those memories had left him more unstable than he already was.

Park Haejin was choking... normally she would've been able to react but why did it seem like he'd become much faster? Or was he just always holding back.

"Haejin-Ah, I won't allow you to, I'm the kind of person that would happily drag others down with me, especially if they deserve it just as much as I do." He tightened his grip on her throat, watching her face turn red and she struggled to breathe.

"Hyunjin may have forgiven you, he was always kind-hearted but that's the reason why I was the one to always take revenge for him. On his behalf, I'd never forgive anyone, not you and not myself."

"You're crazy Jaehyun.... no you're obsessed with that past.... it's pathetic," Park Haejin coughed, she circulated her spirit to protect her throat from being crushed but Kim Jaehyun completely overwhelmed her.

Kim Jaehyun's lip twitched and then he just let her go.

Park Haejin collapsed onto the floor and coughed, holding her neck which now had deep red finger markings around it.