Chapter 7

The many twists and turns in the hallways throughout each building of the facility were dark, but it wasn't dark enough for anybody to accidentally trip over or bump into someone.

The time was nearing midnight, and mostly everyone was asleep after a long, hard day of work.

Spain entered the library, glancing in every direction to make sure no one was in the large room with him.

He returned to his secret laboratory every time at midnight (and sometimes during the day) to continue researching and performing experiments to figure out how to open the enchanted chest.

He would spend up to three hours in there; nonstop research and experiments.

Climbing up the ladder, the Spanish country constantly checked for any countries or organizations who could have followed him.

However, there was nobody in sight.

He scanned his hand on the bottom of the staircase, crawling through the vent once the wall behind him had opened.

The laboratory switched on lights and powered up the main computer, also booting on other surrounding systems within the space it was constructed in.

Spain flopped onto his chair and pulled up a microphone.

"Log Number Five.

Third Reich is onto me, and it's all my fault. Today--well, yesterday during a meeting, when he finally revealed that he had a missing valuable item (not mentioning that it was a chest full of souls), I acted strangely. This obviously caught his attention, and after the meeting he asked me why I was so acting so weird. I lied, and now I have a terrible feeling that he will start to keep a closer eye on me.

I hope that he doesn't think I'm suspicious, or else I am screwed. Just like what Third Reich had almost done to New Zealand, that will happen to me--I will have my memory wiped. I cannot afford to have that happen.

I believe that FBI knows about me--that I stole the chest, but why hasn't he told that stupid Nazi yet? Is he going to expose me in front of everyone? Is he finally realizing that Third Reich is not a good guy?

About two hours prior, I witnessed a horrifying event. Our so called 'leader' was torturing what I believe is a statehuman. I remember digging up a journal near a burnt house approximately forty seven days ago. It belonged to a deceased country named America, and he wrote about these statehumans. He apparently knew that they have existed for years now, but he never met them.

It is currently unknown how he knew about their existence, since he never wrote down how he received this knowledge.

Back to the horrifying event, Third Reich cut his arm open with a knife, and the statehuman passed out on the spot. I wish that I could have done something, but it would have resulted with me getting my memory wiped.

He wanted information on who had sent him here, and honestly, I was also curious. I wanted to find out, so I stayed and listened. Like I mentioned already though, horrific stuff happened and now I regret ever staying. I must save the statehuman, even if it means sacrificing myself. First, I must quickly find out how to open this damn chest though. I am getting really close, I can feel it.

I did some sneaking around after the torture session was over and found a secret laboratory that Third Reich never told me about. This might sound weird, but he is storing bodies of other countries in tanks full of a mysterious, light blue liquid. There was also a human--a damn human! I identified them as being (Y/N (L/N)--a female-- after reading a little description of who they were, their personality, and so on. Third Reich must have written the description.