White Blank Page

White Blank Page

So Tell Me Now Where Was My Fault

In loving you with my whole heart.

"Meredith...?" says Addison as she opens the door to find a familiar blonde woman on her doorstep, with a single suitcase in hand, and a somber expression.

"Dr. Grey?" Addison tries, as she tries to figure out what is going on here.

"Please, don't call me that..." Meredith trails off. "Because it's not true anymore.

"What?" says Addison, not quite comprehending.

"I got fired," says Meredith. "Richard fired me, I-" Meredith sighs, and composes herself before she presses onwards. "Look, I got fired, and Derek blames me for it because I messed up his Alzheimer's trial, so I don't want to go home with him, and I have nowhere to go, and nobody else that's not secretly taking his side, so could I please come and stay with you for a little while?" says Meredith.

"You- you want to stay here?" says Addison.

"Yes-" says Meredith. "Are you going to let me in or...?" Meredith gestures.

"Well, I guess...?" says Addison, as she backs up a bit to let the blonde through the doorway.

"Thank you," Meredith mumbles, and she doesn't meet Addison's eyes as she says it, but Addison can tell that she's being sincere.

"I ordered takeout," says Addison. "That's why I answered the door actually... I thought you were Greek food."

"Oh," says Meredith. "I mean... I should have called first."

"Maybe," says Addison. "Well, you're here now, and I ordered lots so you're welcome to it," says Addison.

"Thanks," says Meredith.

"I'll set you up in the guest room. The bathroom is still being redone decoration-wise, but it's fully functional, and there's already fresh sheets put on the bed so..." Addison trails off, not knowing where to go from there.

"It's great," Meredith smiles softly, as she unpacks her single suitcase.

"Is that the only reason you're here, Meredith? The trial?" says Addison.

"No," says Meredith. "But I'm not ready to talk about it."

"So, what are you here for, exactly?" says Addison a little while later.

"Derek broke up with me-" Meredith blurts out all of a sudden.

"Oh-" says Addison.

"It's okay, I might have left him anyway, he just got around to it first," says Meredith.

"Are you okay?" says Addison.

"I'm fine," says Meredith defensively, as she closes the subject.

"Okay," says Addison, dropping it for now because Meredith clearly does not want to discuss this any further, before she pauses, and eventually continues.

"We were going to adopt a baby together. We were going to get married. Really married, at City Hall and everything, but then this happened, and I blew it all up, and I just can't stand everybody looking at me anymore," says Meredith.

"I'm sorry," says Addison.

"Don't be. I broke the law ," says Meredith.

"I'm sure you had a good reason-" says Addison.

"It was supposed to be for Richard," says Meredith.

"Yeah?" says Addison.

"I gave her the drug. Adele Webber, the wife that he cheated on with my mother... I gave her the Alzheimer's drug instead of the placebo, and Alex saw me, and he ratted me out to Owen, and then it was over," says Meredith.