Chapter 7

Charles had immediately started to train everyone. He had just finished training Erik and was now moving on to Alex. For some reason, he asked me to be there. We walked in, Alex carrying a mannequin, to an underground bunker.

"My stepfather took the possibility of a nuclear war quite seriously," Charles carried on saying as Alex and I looked around weirdly, "That's why he built this bunker. I thought we could use it as a practice range of sorts."

"You don't think I'm going to blow through the walls?" Alex asked.

Charles chuckled, "He had this place built to withstand a nuclear bomb. I think it can handle you Alex."

"And why am I here?" I finally asked.

"I have a theory," Charles said.

"Oh God," Alex and I both muttered.

He threw us a mock offended look before saying, "You being here might motivate Alex to control his powers. He'd do anything not to hurt you," Alex blushed as I nodded in agreement. We walked to the other end of the room after placing the mannequin down.

"You know when I do this bad things tend to happen," Alex reminded him.

" That's because you can't control it. It controls you. That's why we're here, Alex. It's why we're training," Alex looked to me for help but I shook my head agreeing with Charles.

"If your serious about me doing this you might want to step back," Alex sighed, "You too Dot," it was as if he knew I was going to stay.

"All right," I breathed, following Charles out.

"Shall I shut the door?" Charles asked.

Alex nodded and we shut the door as we all let out a breath.

"Whenever you're ready," I called through the door. A few seconds later there was a muffled boom from inside and the light turned red and an alarm started to go off. Charles smiled and opened the door but saw the room was on fire. He muttered something as he grabbed the fire extinguisher. I went to Alex to check on him as Charles started getting rid of the fire.

"I will teach you to control this Alex," Charles said. Alex was avoiding his gaze with a guilty look on his face.

"So much for his theory," I muttered and Alex laughed in agreement.

-----

We all left as Charles went to train Sean and I was still reassuring Alex which cheered him up a little. Raven came running towards us shouting, "Charles is making Sean jump out the window."

"What!" we both shouted. We ran with Raven to one of the spare bedrooms and looked out the window and sure enough, Sean was sitting on the window ledge with Hank and Sean either side of him. We all smirked as Sean jumped off and screamed but it clearly failed as he just fell into the bushes below. I winced as Alex giggled, which resulted in me smacking him on the back of the head. He glared at me and rubbed the spot I hit while I shrugged innocently. 

-----

We were back in the bunker but this time with Hank who had made a vest thing for Alex that had a metal circle in the middle.

"Sexy," Alex joked. I was silently giggling at how ridiculous it looked.

"Well it's just a prototype. The real one will look considerately better," Hank told him, embarrassed by the insult. "It will be a whole suit. See, these sensors measure your energy output. This panel focuses it and the excess is absorbed."

"Try hitting the one in the middle. Just the one in the middle, mind," Charles told Alex.

"Good luck," I told him as we all rushed out of there as quick as possible and shut the door. We heard a lot of explosions and we all went in there with fire extinguishers this time.

Once the fire was out, Alex turned to me with a smirk, "Your turn," he told me.

-----

Charles, Alex and I were all in the living room.

"We're going to start with your telekinesis first. Try and see how many things you could lift in this room at once," Charles told me.

I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes I pictured everything in the room floating and I could feel the energy pulsing through my head.

"Ha ha very funny," I heard Alex sarcastically say. I opened my eyes and saw him floating along with the sofa, table TV and even the bookshelf. I laughed and released my magic and everything fell to the ground with a small thump.

Charles clapped, "Well done. Nice thing with Alex. Let's try your telepathy, that's my specialty. Try invading Alex's mind, Alex I want you to try and block her out."

I took another deep breath and focused on Alex, I could feel my eyes turn red as his memories flashed in my head. Our first kiss, to our first meeting, every moment we every spent together, our first time. I could hear his thoughts every time I smiled or laughed, when we kissed or even when he just looked at me. I saw our reunion just a few days ago and was about to get to the time Alex discovered his powers but suddenly it went black. He had done it.

My eyes went back to their usual dark brown and I saw Alex and I were both blushing whereas Charles looked confused. "I don't know what you saw, but your faces tell me I don't want to know. Well done, both of you."

-----

We were in the bunker once again to try with Alex. Charles and Hank were setting up the mannequin and I was putting the vest on Alex.

"Dorothy come down here," Charles shouted. I jogged down and he put his hands on my shoulders and put me next to the target. "All right, Alex, I want you to hit the x. And try not to hit your girlfriend. There's a good chap."

My head snapped towards him. "What!"

"You're serious?" Alex asked in disbelief.

"I'm very serious. I have complete and utter faith in you and so does Dot," Charles said calmly.

"It will be okay Alex. If I feel something's wrong, I'll shield myself, ok," I told him.

He prepared and sent a blast directly at the mannequin. Charles and I ran to the wall to avoid the fire. I could hear Alex laughing as I smiled, proud of him.

"Am I still a bozo?" Hank asked, smugly.

"Yes Hank your still a bozo," Alex replied as if it was obvious. Hank's smile fell, "But nice job," he added as he saw my glare.

A/N A very long chapter. It's getting harder to update because I have my end of year test coming up for GCSE's next year because I'm in Year 10 next year and have to start repairing.